Getting mineral rights in my name

Long story short… I inherited mineral rights when I was very young (1975) from my mother, my father had power of attorney and handled anything that had to do with leasing, etc. He passed away in 2012, unfortunately we never any conversations about this prior to his passing. In 2013, I received an offer to lease, but had to complete and send in Proof of Death and Heirship form, moms death certificate, and will. I thought everything was taken care of and was now considered owner on record. Yesterday I called the county recorders office to see how to add a beneficiary, but was told that it was best to go through an attorney. And, I understood that my name is still not solely on record. Can anyone give me any direction as to what steps to take to 1. Find out how to get my name solely on record (I’m an only child); 2. How to add a beneficiary; 3. If I need to consult with an attorney, any referrals? Thank you in advance, Anna Cirbo

A ND attorney should be able to answer this question for low or no cost.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.