Getting a new lease and payment weirdness!

My sister and I have mineral rights from Gunnar well 914, we are receiving different amounts and inconsistent payments. Two questions, how do we find out what’s really going on? I have seen that exploration requests have gone out to other owners. How do we go about getting a new lease agreement, and can we lease to a different energy company?

Welcome to the forum. The first place to start is by sending a certified letter return receipt to the operator of the well asking why there is a difference in payments. Give both of your owner numbers. Send to the division order department. Pull out your lease and find out if you both have the same net acres and the same royalty. That is the first item. Then check your division order and see if your minimum is set at $100 or at $25. If your well is still in production, then your lease is held until production ceases. Once the production ceases, then you can lease again.

1 Like

Is it possible that you and your sister signed different leases, different royalties, deduction clauses, etc?

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.