Geological Reports/Results/Findings

After geological testing and finding very favorable results, an operator has expressed drilling interest in my mineral acreage.

My question: Is the operator required by law to make its geological results/reports/findings of my acreage publicly available for review?

If so, where would the reports be filed, and how soon after results/reports/findings are obtained?

I'm asking because, if possible, I would like to utilize its reports to present to competing operators, obviously, to negotiate the best signing bonus and royalty rate possible.

Thanks,

Signed,

Benedict Arnold, I'm Not, Even Though Both His "Coincidental" Birth and Death Dates Are, Ironically, 2 Days Before My Own :-)

Dear Mr. Love,

The oil companies’ geologic evaluation is proprietary information and except for well logs that are required to be furnished to the Railroad Commission. Such information and data are generally kept confidential. This would prohibit landowner from taking their information to shop a deal.

This does not prohibit you from doing your own geologic/geophysical work and using those results as a marketing tool.

Thanks, Mr. Cotton…much appreciation. How soon after a drilling are well logs required to be transmitted to The RR Commission?

kl

Buddy Cotten said:

Dear Mr. Love,

The oil companies’ geologic evaluation is proprietary information and except for well logs that are required to be furnished to the Railroad Commission. Such information and data are generally kept confidential. This would prohibit landowner from taking their information to shop a deal.

This does not prohibit you from doing your own geologic/geophysical work and using those results as a marketing tool.

Best,

Buddy Cotten
www.cottenoilproperties.com
Co - Director District 3, NARO-TX

90 days, unless the operator requests confidentiality

If you google:

“how long after drilling must you file log with railroad commission”

the very first result will take you to the right page – form L1

Thanks again,

kl

Buddy Cotten said:

90 days, unless the operator requests confidentiality