General Question C18 section 24

I own a part of c18 section 24 AB1657 no minerals, which I have owned since 2011. I have never traveled up to see it as it was just raw land then. I recently discovered the pistol well heads are nearby, and enterprise has a gas line through it. What would be a good start into selling off my part. Anybody local with insight please chime in. Located in south Texas and operating a business, time is something I don’t have a lot of. Any information would be helpful

1 Like

I can help, but am a little confused by what you said; are you saying you do or don’t own minerals? Are you trying to sell minerals, royalty or surface?

Sorry for the confusion. I do not have minerals with the property I would just like to sell the surface.

I also have property here (BLK C-18 SEC 24 AB1657). Please let me know how much you think I could get for the mineral rights or the entire plot of land per acre if you have any idea. Is there any activity here? Many thanks

kumar there is some production in A-1657…Centennial Resources, LLC has production from 2 Horizontal gas wells in this area. API 389-36017/Lease # 284260 and API 389-38119/Lease # 287880. Also 1 injection well API 389-33116.

GIS map of Reeves County Section 24/Block C18/A-1657:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

This map will show you what the surface area looks like if you were looking down on it…scrub brush,tumbleweed, sand,a desolate area…well pads, oil tanks, rattlesnakes, coyotes and a natural gas gathering pipeline,etc.

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

1 Like

I appreciate you providing this useful information.Thank you very much

kumar, how many lots/blocks or acres of surface do you own in this Section 24? Do U own minerals in the area of the laterals of the horizontal wells?

I own 10 acres of land. it is agriculture land. The appraisal (also the agricultural market value) according to the county is $10,000. A few hours ago, the Reeves county appraiser informed me that I only own surface land and not mineral rights. I sent an email to the county to determine who owns the mineral rights and am awaiting a reply. I’ve heard that mineral rights are more valuable than land surface. do you have an idea of how much my surface land ( no mineral rights) is worth per acre?. Thank you

Sorry but I can’t help U on the value of your surface acreage. Someone in real estate in Pecos, Texas(Reeves County) is who you need to confer with. Good luck with your acreage. Clint

1 Like