Gas line on property

If the oil and gas company install a gas pipeline on your property to one that was there from years ago, can future oil wells be drilled on your property?

Lainey:

If a new pipline is laid on property, I can't see what problem this would pose in regards to future drilling. I have seen this occur on various properties where extensive drilling has occurred and there was never a problem.

I am currently involved in the preliminary negotiations of high pressure 20" pipeline being layed on our Gulf Coast property. A pipeline easement has nothing to do with drilling an oil or gas well or affect your ability to negotiate a mineral lease. At least that has been my experience.

Thank you for your reply. I was given the information yesterday and thought it seemed strange, but it’s all new to me so I decided to risk “sounding” stupid and just ask. Thanks again.

Mike Igau said:

I am currently involved in the preliminary negotiations of high pressure 20" pipeline being layed on our Gulf Coast property. A pipeline easement has nothing to do with drilling an oil or gas well or affect your ability to negotiate a mineral lease. At least that has been my experience.