Garvin STR 20-1N-3W - BILLY THE KID well

Sent my DO in. OTC shows BILLY THE KID reporting production since October. When might I see checks start?

If you have a clear title, the payments are supposed to start 180 days from first sales or you must be paid interest. I don’t usually fuss until about two months late. The date operators cut checks may not fully line up with the 180 days and I don’t mind getting a few more months of 12% interest. Some companies pay a first “estimated” payment so that they don’t have to pay interest and then “true” it up after they get all the title information figured out. Hopefully you kept a copy of your DO and sent it in by certified mail so that you have a receipt that they received it. The DO is not required in OK, but I send them in so that I have a record and my family will have a record after me. Also helps down the line if the well gets sold four times and decimal interest numbers “mysteriously” change. I like having the original documentation.

Keep in mind that your first check will be for several months of production and likely to be the largest due to the accrued months and high volumes of production and the high prices during the last few months. Checks after that one will be for one month and the normal declining volumes and changing prices for products. Good idea to talk to your accountant about tax planning as a big well revenue can bring big tax surprises.

1 Like

Is there a Woodford formation in Carter Co.?

Yes,there is a Woodford reservoir in certain parts of Carter county.

Rover- You should get a check any day now. Got mine yesterday.

1 Like

Robert. Sorry. Not Rover.

1 Like

Thank you! You are a fount of information on the oil & gas business!

Thank you! I heard there might be an issue with STR 20-01N-03W. Waiting to hear back from Camino. I knew I didn’t own STR 29-01N-03W.

We got our first check for the Billy last week. You should see it soon as long as you are ‘in pay’ status with the DO department.

1 Like

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

Anyone know the OCCase# for Billy the Kid? I received DOs, but that’s the first paperwork I’ve seen. Looking to review the history of the filings. Thanks.

Which section are you in? The case numbers may vary.

Mine would be in Sec 29. Thank You!

What are you wanting to research? You should send in the DO along with your W-9 to get paid.

Yes, have sent that info, but I want to read up on the history of various filings, spacing orders, affidavits, applications, protests, etc. associated with the site. Wondering as to why a DO is the first information I received that I can recall. The Kid is very well known, so pretty sure I’d recall having received info on it in the last year or so.

These are the cases for 29-1N-3W

201808068 89 Energy (20 & 29) 201808069 89 Energy (20 & 29) 201808070 89 Energy (20 & 29) 201901145 89 Energy pooling for 29 has AFE for Billy the Kid 202101993 Camino Natural Resources Pooling dismissed

Thank You very much!

If you need the case #s for 20, let me know. Some are the same and some may differ slightly.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.