Garvin County Section 18-03N-04W Newby 0304-2-18SH Well

I saw this posted today but don’t see any of this in the OCC site records. Can anyone verify that this is accurate? If so does it mean they are making good wells in the Garvin, Carter, Stephens County areas?

Houston’s Marathon Oil Company reports hitting a well in Garvin County Oklahoma with production of nearly 2,000 barrels of oil a day.

The Newby 0304-2-18sh is located at 18 3N 4W or several miles southwest of the city of Lindsay and in the four-county area that comprises the SCOOP play. The completion report showed initial production was 1,986 barrels of oil a day along with 2,263 Mcf of natural gas out of the Springer formation.

1 Like

Bobby- That sounds fairly accurate. It is a Springer well and most of the Springer wells start out like that and then deplete fairly quickly, but this is a good one. Not many other wells to the different formations being drilled are like this one, in any of the counties you named.

Todd M Baker

2 Likes

Todd, I take it you are saying 2000 barrels per day is a good well - better than average?

Brenda, 2000 barrels a day is wonderful! But be mindful that these wells will start declining and after a year or two will be putting out 80 or 90 percent less. So enjoy that number for now! I would take that well anytime! Tom

2 Likes

Brenda: Sort of. For a Springer well, 2000 barrels per day is very good. If it was a Mississippi or Woodford well, it would be phenomenal. So different results expected depending on the zone. Arkomo is correct.

1 Like

The Newby is but one of many barn burners in 3N 4W

1 Like

Tom, you’ve made my day!