Garvin County mineral rights

Hi everyone, I’m new to the sight, been reading the posts here off and on for some time and didn’t want to get ahead of myself before posting. Now that the final decreed is done Nunc Pro Tunc, I’m trying to learn more about the mineral rights that I own. Below are the descriptions, don’t know how many acres there is in each description or which ones are pooled or leased. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I live out of state, and I just don’t have the time to do the research at the court house like I’d like to. All of these were Layton Gardner owned, my mother was Joyce Layton Welch.

Section 36, T3N R3W of IBM S 1/2 NE 1/4 SE 1/4 and the SE 1/4 NW 1/4 SE 1/4

Section 36, T3N R3W of IBM N 1/2 NE 1/4 SE 1/4 and the NE 1/4 NW 1/4 SE 1/4

Section 31, T3N R2W of IBM Lot 4 and the W1/2 SE1/4 SW1/4

Section 32, T3N R1E of IBM NW1/4 SW1/4

Section 10, T2N R3W of IBM N1/2 NW1/4 and the N1/2 N1/2 NW1/4 and the W1/2 SW1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 and the W1/2 NW1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4

Section 3, T2N R3W of IBM S1/2 SW1/4 and the W1/2 SE1/4 SE1/4 and the S1/2 N1/2 SE1/4 and the NE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4

Floyd 1H 3X sec 3 sec 10 of 2N 3W, we have a 6 acre interest in this one, Newfield Exploration holds the lease.

From a business perspective as to each tract you should learn whether there is a producing well in the spacing unit for that tract (two facts, the size and shape of the spacing, and presence of producing wells). If producing, is the production in paying quantities (hard to ascertain this because operators typically do not cooperate). you already know the importance of knowing the size of your interest.

If there are no unplugged wells in the spacing unit, is your interest subject to a current lease (meaning a lease that is still in its primary term). If there is a current lease, does it have a right of first refusal or an option to renew.

Once you have gathered that information, you will be in a position to ask for legal advice. IMHO, asking for and relying on free legal advice from the internet is not a good business practice. You don't know the qualifications or motives of individuals giving free legal advice (or business advice either).

Thank you Frank, that’s more info than I had and good advice on where to start. All the information I can get is greatly appreciated.

Randy,

I'm assuming this is from the decree in 2014. Keep in mind that the decree may or may not be an accurate description of your ownership.

Frank is giving you good info. It can be time consuming to track down this info. I did a quick search on production BASED ONLY ON THE section numbers you listed. I listed it below. Keep in mind that some of these are older wells spaced on smaller spacing units. They may not be producing within your area of ownership. Additionally there could be wells producing from your ownership but listed as an surrounding section for production purposes. For instance an 80 acre spaced well producing from two 40 acre tracts each in an adjoing section. Unitizations also come into play and it is production can be listed in different areas on the reports.

Section 36, T3N R3W
Current production exists in the section

Section 31, T3N R2W of IBM
Current production exists in the section

Section 32, T3N R1E of IBM
No production in the section

Section 10, T2N R3W of IBM
No production in the section

Section 3, T2N R3W of IBM
Current production exists in the section as you indicated from the Floyd.

I don't see any lease in the names I would expect. Your mother was listed as unlocatable. I would guess an election was not made and you/she was given a default 1/8 election. You are held by that pooling order for those zones, but the other zones are not encumbered.

Rick we didn’t know we had anything at all,!after our mother died, we found out our younger brother got her to sell a lot of it off, so me and my older brother wound up with an estate of debt, we sold the house and didn’t think there was anything left to probate. Then we got contacted by Newfield about the Floyd horizontal well and had to do a probate in order to get our royalties, 1/5 is what we agreed to in it, and now I’m trying to figure out the rest of what little we have left. I’m thinking on contacting Darla Ragland and asking her what she’ll charge me to do a bit of research for me at the court house, I doubt my brother will share expenses with me and as usual I’m the one left to beat the bushes and see what comes out. Thank you for your input and what you could tell me, I greatly appreciate all the knowledge about this I can get my hands on.