Garvin County 28-2N-2W Interest issues

I really appreciate all the help I have received on this forum so far it has been so helpful.

I felt I had to file a complaint with OCC, beacause I cant seem to resolve things with Rimrock Resources.

If anyone has any comments, or advice. I welcome it.

I don’t hold a large interest, but I can’t seem to get a clear answer about the nma I do have an interest in. I have been trying to sort out my actual interest in this well with Rimrock Resources for a few weeks now.

I previously held a lease with Continental from 2015-2018. Lowry land had then told me that my father came into 2 separate interests in this tract- one at .038095 acres and one at .008658 acres or a total of .046753 acres. You received 1/4th of my dad’s interest or .0116882 acres.

When I received the lease offer letter through Rimrock Resources landman I was advised at that time I owned .0098 net mineral acres. I disputed this amount, and showed her the documentation I had on my previous lease with continental.

Rimrock landman came back to me with an email with yet a different amount of nma at .05845 and one interest in the tract, and not 2.

It is also explained that Grandmother dies with 1.6363 acres and has 7 kids so this person divided that into .2338 acres each. One of those kids he mentioned was my Dad. He died and had 4 heirs which received equally for .05845 acres each.

Problem is I had to explain this was Ricky’s Grandmother, and not his Mother. Also My dad’s name repeatedly keeps getting spelled incorrectly.

I feel like Rimrock is not getting anything right. They soon will be wanting me to sign a oil/gas lease as they have an intent to drill, but I’m extremely hesitant when they cannot get my interests, or even the family tree right. Really appreciate any help in this matter.

Document everything that you have. You may need death certificates, ancestry.com ancestry trees, documents from Garvin county death probates, etc. The leasing title opinions are often not as rigorous as the Division Order title opinions, but it is up to us to protect our mineral interests as much as possible.

You may want to file an affidavit of heirship that includes relevant death certificates redact ssn/DOB. It would be helpful if other family members also signed. If the interest is small enough the company might except it.

Your other option is a probate which doesn’t take that long to wrap up. In Oklahoma a “summary probate” is a simple process for the client. Many times a summary probate will put the minerals into the name of the heirs within a few months. To qualify for a summary probate one of the following is needed: -the decedent resided outside of Oklahoma; -the decedent died 5 or more years; or -the estate in Oklahoma is valued at $200,000 or less.

Title can often be pretty harry and can be up to the interpretation of the Title Landman. You can hire 5 different landmen and come up with 5 different numbers if the title is messy. Especially when you own a fractional interest. I’d probably just lease it to whoever has the highest offer per acre/highest royalty and wait for the division orders to come out. They will have to pay your lease bonus on any additional acreage the division order finds.