Garfield County

I am evaluating an offer on about 40/640 net acres. Any idea what a fair per net acre price is? Thanks!

Mary,

Do you know the legal description of your property? It will depend on the location and the activity in your area.

Thanks,

Jase

It seems to be fairly active. T23N-R8W

Yes, what Jason said. Our latest offer was for $2500/acre in SE Garfield County.

Mary,

What section in 23N/8W? Do you have a good offer?

I don't know how good it is yet. I pulled all of the permits from 2013 last week. It seems very active with horizontal wells. Based on that, I think it is low. I am still trying to find out some history on the interest so I won't be sure about anything until I get some calls returned. There is some indication that this might even be a working interest, but there is no billing or revenue history. I was hoping to have additional info so I knew how badly they were lowballing it.

Are you leasing or selling your minerals? If you are leasing, that's one thing. Selling is quite another. Go on the other counties near us and check out the discussion on selling minerals. There are even calculators that will help you realize selling your minerals is a big mistake. (unless circumstances require it)

Never say never, but I would NEVER sell a mineral or royalty interest! And would never recommend that anyone do so.

Tim West said:

Are you leasing or selling your minerals? If you are leasing, that's one thing. Selling is quite another. Go on the other counties near us and check out the discussion on selling minerals. There are even calculators that will help you realize selling your minerals is a big mistake. (unless circumstances require it)

Forgot to say, that was a purchase price, not a lease price.

chad elliott said:

Yes, what Jason said. Our latest offer was for $2500/acre in SE Garfield County.

I don't know what section you are in but there were several in 23n-8w that got 1/5 royalty .

My brother in law just got an offer for $2500 an acre in Kingfisher County on minerals that have little production going but apparently a lot of promise. So, consider this a speculative purchase. It's not too far off the "going rate" for unproven but targeted minerals. If there is a lot of activity in the area, $2500 an acre should be considered low, in my opinion.

I also have mineral interests there, and am getting offers to lease. I just joined this forum, and am wondering what is the best way to exchange specific info & $ numbers? Via private message or email? -Thanks everyone!

Mary M. Erickson said:

It seems to be fairly active. T23N-R8W

Go to the friends in upper right of this page.