Garfield County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

The last time we dealt with Devon they wouldn’t accept an affadavit of heirship but would accept a quiet title suit.

Fred

Deborah, AEP just changed it’s name to White Star, so all assets and liabilities of the wells AEP owned at the time of the name change remains the same. Therefore, White Star will be accountable in a court of law. Whether or not White Star drills more wells is a guess, but I’d say they have a better chance of doing it than AEP, because White Star brought in a new management team. Oil and gas prices are very slowly but surely recovering.

I was never owned by American Energy, I was still Devon through last month, now I am waiting to see who has my little well.

I need some advise - great great grandfathers estate - had a will and probate in CO, mineral deed in Garfield Cty, OK - his wife died ad her will/probate was done in CO and also in OK. Since his was not - Dept of Treasury is stating we must probate his in OK for them to release funds and they refuse to use the paperwork for heirship that Devon is accepting. Do we have to go back and get his CO will/probate done in OK or can they use the heirship papers in place of the OK probate?

Deborah, Opps, got name wrong. White Star assumes Devon’s liabilities also and there’s a good chance they will drill more wells as they don’t have Devon’s high overhead costs. It’s just slow going.

You need to ask a wills, estates and trusts attorney, but I would probate in OK so that the mineral deed can be transferred into the heir’s names. Devon will accept an Affidavit of Heirship but an Affidavit does not transfer title. If the estate is small you can do a Simple Probate which costs less than Probate.

Thanks Fred.

Martha McMorries can you recommend an attorney for a simple probate in the Enid area?

Jennifer, Mike Roberts is the only attorney I know in Enid. He may be able to do it. (580) 234-4300

Deborah,

The Payne County forum page has good information concerning White Star.

Martha

I did see where they (White Star) filed a transportation report with Devon on the Oklahoma Corporation page for August 2016. That is somewhere to track some of it.

OK, it’s been awhile, does anyone know much about White Star Petroleum? I somehow felt safer when Devon had the wells in Garfield. Their website doesn’t tell much and when a person calls I am wondering there as well. Not much on my part, but liked being able to follow what little there was.

Dear Miss Deborah,

White Star is based in OKC. The recently changed their name from American Energy Woodford. Aubrey McClendon formed this company to develop Woodford wells in N central Oklahoma but they had more success with Mississippian Lime wells. They are more interested in this business probably than Devon. White Star has been good to deal with but they have been on an “efficiency drive” which has made them more difficult to deal with.

Williams 1-24WH, Sec 24-21N-4W.Thank you!

Were the minerals legally transferred into your name by deed? If you don’t have a deed, you may need to get an affidavit of heirship or do a simple probate. White Star may not accept an affidavit of heirship, because it does not transfer mineral rights.

Legally transferred. May have to track down documentation.

Biggest issue with White Star seems to be having them track down the information they have access to and helping them connect the dots. Did not have any issues establishing ownership with Devon in. Thanks for your info and help, Martha.

Looking for feedback about White Star’s performance since taking over Devon leases. I hold interests in 24-21N-4W. Production had dropped with Devon but was still receiving monthly revenue. Have not received any communication from White Star. In speaking with them they have my information but it was unfortunately not connected to the specific well. Would be interested to hear about others experience in dealing with the organization. Currently having difficulty with their responsiveness. Thanks for you feedback.

What is the well name and legal description?

Clint, The well is shown as actively producing, but hardly any. White Star does own the well. Did you lease or were you forced pooled and how did you obtain your mineral rights?

I knew the production was way down from inception. Was a nice well for about a year then steadily declined, but producing nonetheless. As my folks used to say, "Better than stepping on a rake . . "

Leased. Inherited; since early '80s.