Gaines County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Harold,

This link will explain the ‘Legend’ about the colors, etc.

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/help/legend.html

Clint Liles

I really don’t understand how to see on the maps where the permits are. My land is on the highway front, 6 miles north of Seminole just before you get to the golf course going towards Seagraves. Can Someone tell me how to check that area?

Mike,

What is your Abstract # and I’ll pull up a GIS map for you? We’ll see what in your area.

Clint Liles

Mike, Another Map of your Gaines County A-746/Sec. 168,

(Sorry for misspelling your name in last post)

Clint Liles

There is a video on the Home page of this site that shows you how to navigate the RRC website.

The Property Description is Blk G Sec 168 S 3/4 N/2 S/2 WTRR Co and Blk G PT S/4 Sec 168 WTRR Co

The Property Geographical ID is T 137000 for the first one and T 133000 for the second piece. Both have BLK G SEC168 as the Property Location.

The Property ID Numbers are 56651 and 56646

Is this the information you need? I am sorry to be so dense, but have never really understood how all of this works. Thanks for your help.

Would that be the recorded instrument number? If not where would I find it? Thanks

Mile,

I see numerous oil wells to the south, southwest and west of your A-746. Also I see several plugged oil wells and several dry holes in the surrounding area. I checked on 1 of the wells in A-287(API 165-36954). It was drilled in 2008 and is an oil well:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?m…

No completion report found.

The green circles are oil wells. The green circles with stick through them are plugged oil wells. The blue circles with 4 sticks are dry holes. A blue circle is a proposed location.

GIS Map of your A-746/Sec. 168 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

We have been approached to lease or sell our mineral interests in Gaines County. A development group is offering $200 per acre for 3 year lease, or $1,000 per acre for outright purchase. Is this a low-ball offer? Are there other companies active in the area?

Barbara, please see my comment to Kelley Craig of 10/16/2013, about page 3 or 4 at the bottom of these posting, regarding my lease. Hope that helps.

Barbara, I’m not sure where your block is but we signed a lease with SM for 3 years/2 year option for $500 bonus per acre and a 25% royalty last fall. Also, I have current offers of $2300 per acre for our mineral rights. I’m pretty sure you are getting a much lower offer than you might given elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Ms. Griffin, Which area are the minerals located–north, south, east, or west of Seminole?

Please contact an oil and gas attorney before signing any lease.

$200/acre seems light. You did not mention the royalty. Do not sell your minerals. My two cents.

Barbara, Both are low.

Thanks so much for the information. I am hopeful that the new drilling technology will enable them to drill and get oil or gas there. It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but it looks like a lot of new wells have been drilled and have oil close to previous dry hole wells. I hope this might be the case on our property.

Rosetta Resources has our lease now, Are they drilling any at this time?

Thank you all for your guidance. This is new for us. Al, the property appears to be 2-3 miles SW of the town of Seminole. GIS maps indicate active areas further south and west.

Mike,

I checked back to Jan. 1, 2014 and I don’t see any activity(approved permits)for Rosetta Resources. Possibly they have sold(flipped )their leases to some other company or are waiting to see what others are doing in the area before doing any drilling.

Here is a link to 8 pages(78 approved permits)that have be issued since April 1, 2014 through May 30, 2014. These will tell you who the operators are that are active at this time:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do?p…

Clint Liles

Barbara, The oil company is surely working on knowledge/science which is unavailable to laypersons. Get an oil and gas attorney to go over any lease you get before you sign. The difference between 1/5 and 1/4 royalty could be considerable. With a lease which ultimately produces 500,000 bbl oil, a 25% royalty would realize 25,000 more barrels than the 1/5 royalty lease for the mineral owners.

I have been offered $350.00 per net acres and 1/5 royalty on 6.5 net acres. Is this good or bad. Thanks to any one for help.

Clint, I checked and it seems a lot of wells have been drilled and have oil and are getting closer to our minerals. A well close to our property was API 16534396 and was drilled in 1991 to 6,000 feet. A lot of wells around us have made recently, but had dry wells like ours around them. Are the new drilling techniques able to get oil where they didn’t before? Thanks for all of your help!