Gaines County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hello

Last year a land man for Tomahawk ( allegedly ) leased a half section from my family on land a couple of miles northwest of Cedar Lake. So far, no other activity on it.

Joe Kell.. tried to look you up on 'linekedin' but could not find you..its new to and still trying to get a hande on it.

i do not even know how my name got on there.

Getting OXY personell from different departments.

One of the most impotant was location a guy from Monroe Lousiana thats working with OXY on that pipeline. If i can find out exactly where that line is going plus the possibility of it extending off of the main to other sectors i will have a better what to ask for my Minerals or Mineral Lease

$40,000. for 5 acres,,,cannot relocate it, Was it posted in the Gaines County section or Roger Mills--sound more like Roger Mills.

If anyone knows right off hand where it is, I would really appreciate it if you would pass it on.

it's Texas, the very south west county in the state bordering New Mexico..you guys probably knew it . Did not google, but looks like an area that might have about 332 total citizens if El Paso is not connected.

What's happened to Chevron in Gaines?

Has anybody heard their name one single time:

Before OXY they were in with Amarada Hess on some big stuff, probably because they could Amarada's pipeline to processing plant...apprx 8 miles away, just a guess on the distance. This was not a small processing plant, it was huge for that area..almost like a little city.

Wonder if Chevron was moved out with Amarada when OXY purchased? or maybe i've just missed it, but have not heard anything from anybody, even employees from other companies have not mentioned them-not once.

Somthing else...Chevron & Amarada (may have just been Amarada) had plans to enlarge the processing plant around 2000. A big expansion, then everything fell thru with Amarada's & Chevrons project that year...they thought production would increase to such a large extent.

To this day, over 18yrs, i still think something happened between Apache & Chevron over not moving forward, Amarada was stuck in the middle.

RRC production data query shows Chevron and Chevron Mid Continent as operators in the year 2010, but neither are listed for 2018. A search indicates Sabinal bought properties in several counties from Chevron in 2017.

that's interesting.. appreciate it.

Have no idea who Sabinal is but about to find out.