Gaines County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have 160 acres in the NE. Part of Gaines county near Cedar Lake. A lease is in the works for it now. A very lowball offer of $300, 1/5, 3years, plus 2. We will counter once we have a better idea of what a good offer should look like. It is a mile or two from proved areas to the east, south and gas to the west.

Lumberjack Energy? Anyone had any dealings?

I leased All of Section 10 Block 22 Public School Land Survey 1/4 royalty$350 per net mineral acre 3 year lease with a 2 year option to extend

The landmen were easy to work with, the main office seemed slow on some matters.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen

Out family has an offer of $400, 25%, 3 yr. or $500 25%, 3 yr. with 2 yr. extension. Gaines County, Block A, Sections 2 and 3. There are producing wells in Section 9. Section 8 has produced in the past. Wondering how close that is to a good offer.

Exa,

We need a complete Block # before we can pull up the GIS Map to check activity and production in the area of your minerals???

As in Block A6 or A21

Clint Liles

Need help with understanding pooling 50% OF MINERAL RIGHTS Blk H , E OF SEMINOLE

Just wondering if anyone has actually received money from Lumberjack, I have seen several or heard of several, but wondered if anyone had actually signed with them and redeived money they had agreed to pay

Thanks, Judy

Since September 2016, Lumberjack Energy appears to have recorded more than 200 oil and gas leases in Gaines county. One would assume that most if not all of the individuals who signed have received their bonuses.

I have two questions. I have 60 NMA in Block G, C & M RR CO survey, Abstract A-1620 that was leased by a small Houston based company. It was a 3 + 2 year lease. That was over three years ago and I have not heard anything from the company, so I assume that the lease is terminated and open. Is that a safe assumption? My second question is, does one advertise that mineral interests are open for lease or do you simply wait until you are approached by a landman who is interested in your area?

https://www.oilandgas360.com/ring-energy-inc-acquires-over-33000-ac…

Ring Energy, Inc. (NYSE MKT: REI) (“Company”)(“Ring”) announced today that it has acquired approximately 33,000 undeveloped acres in Gaines County, Texas, for an approximate purchase price of $16,600,000 ($500/acre). The Company will pay for the acreage with surplus capital received from a December 2016 public stock offering.

The entire acreage is located in an area that the Company has targeted for its horizontal drilling and development program, with more than 50% of the 33,000 acres contiguous to Ring’s existing Central Basin Platform (“CBP”) leases. The Company will have a 100% working interest and a net revenue interest of 75%…

Judy Cambern, I believe Lumberjack is more of a land company and may not drill wells. Have you phoned or emailed the company as to why your bonus check has not been received? If you do not mind me asking, how did it come about that you handed over a signed lease without it being exchanged for a check payable in immediately available funds? If you were given a bank draft “check”, there might be a provision stating that the lessee has a period of time to confirm ownership, etc. before the funds will be deposited.

Do you have any connection with them, AJ.

Judy and AJ, back in September, my husband signed a lease for 640 acres in Section 388, Block G, A-877 in Gaines County with DSD energy resources. It was supposed to be a three year lease, no renewal option, 25% interest and $225 nma. They have never paid this bonus. My husband has since passed away, but when I questioned their representative, I was given some lame excuse which, quite frankly, I don’t even remember. I still have the original documents. So, I don’t know what’s happening in this area, but there seems to be an awful lot of speculation going on.

No, Judy, I really haven’t had time to do any investigating on the activity in this area, but it’s certainly on my to-do list.

@AJ, 200 leases in 6 months sounds awesome. Do you know if Lumberjack has of record any drilling permits or to whom they may be working for or flipping these leases? Maybe they are just a tad slow in paying those bonuses. Thanks for the info.

AJ, they did receive my email because they addressed some other matters I was concerned about. They addressed every other issue I raised, but completely ignored my request for going through the bank. I even gave them the address and person’s name to contact.

AJ, I received their lease offer and told them I would take the leases to be notarized to my bank with the explanation that as soon as my bank received their check and it cleared, the bank would forward the signed and notarized copies to them. I have personal knowledge of an individual who signed and returned their leases before being paid. This individual has contacted them several times and always gets some excuse…“the lease had to be redone on to legal size paper”, they would be coming through the area and would come by personally with “new” copies to sign along with the check". I have looked Lumberjack up on Facebook and the internet. I’m not trying to give them a bad rep. I would just like to know others who have had personal experience with them and how they fared.

Judy, I have an account with texasfile.com and searched “Lumberjack” in Gaines and counted the leases. I have no financial interest in Lumberjack Energy. I would phone Lumberjack and speak with someone to find out what’s going on. Although it seems unlikely, could your email have never arrived, or could it have been unintentionally sent to the Spam folder and overlooked? I will be happy to search your friend’s name to see if a lease has been filed. Friend request me if you would prefer not to share his name on the forum.

I do appreciate your offer to look the person up on file. At this time, they said they would prefer not to give out their name on this forum or even in private. I think they may be embarrassed at the way they handled it because they were so anxious to get their bonus money. I hope and pray Lumberjack comes through and quits giving them excuses.