Future activity?

Thought I had added a discussion last week, but apparently it was no on the board. I have joined the Grady County group and find its activity very heavy (15-20 comments a day with a few posts which are more like FB posts) but it is really booming. Can anyone give an opinion if that activity will move west to Caddo County? From the map, it appeared the SCOOP is in a little of Caddo County, but the formation covers all of Caddo County. I have interests in Sections 16 and 14, and would sure like to see some activity.

Which Township and Range? There is a section 14 and 16 for every T & R.

There is a scattering of horizontal activity across Caddo.

Patricia,

Some areas of Caddo county are seeing some activity. However it is not as intense as Grady and Stephens county.

We'll need more info on the location of your property. The Section number by itself is like telling someone to go to main street, but leaving out the town! :) There are many section 14s and 16s within Caddo, so we need the Township and Range. Something like 14-9N-8W .

Most of the current activity is:

A) 8N and higher and in the east 3/4s of the county.

B) located between in the far SouthEast between Anadarko and Cement.

I have interests in caddo 26-7N-11W and was recently contacted by a rep from Devon Energy about a possible 3 yr lease. I guess activity is starting in this section now?

Sorry, I did not know there were same sections - mine are 5 acres in section 16, Township 6N, Range 12 W, which is currently leased til 3/2015, and 20 acres at section 14, Township 6N, Range 13W, not under a lease since 2011.

I'm in section 18-7N-10W caddo county. I had an offer from one land man. Is there any competitors in this area around me that I can contact?

Rick Howell said:

Patricia,

Some areas of Caddo county are seeing some activity. However it is not as intense as Grady and Stephens county.

We'll need more info on the location of your property. The Section number by itself is like telling someone to go to main street, but leaving out the town! :) There are many section 14s and 16s within Caddo, so we need the Township and Range. Something like 14-9N-8W .

Most of the current activity is:

A) 8N and higher and in the east 3/4s of the county.

B) located between in the far SouthEast between Anadarko and Cement.

That far south in Caddo is out of the main SCOOP trend. Not in the Granite Wash trend either. For Now…. Here is a map from Marathon that shows the main trends. Do you need a map of Caddo to get yourself oriented with the acreage?

1845-maintrendsMRO.png (285 KB)

Here is the Caddo map

1844-CaddoCountyMap.pdf (483 KB)

Thanks for the maps. I'm on a borrowed computer right now until I get my new tower so will download these maps to my new computer as soon as I can. I will keep watch on this group to see if any activity starts on my area of Caddo County - sure would like to lease my 20 acres, but especially if they would drill.

Keep up the hope! This horizontal drilling trend is turning the whole oil business upside down. They are even going back into conventional reservoirs like sandstones and limestones and redrilling them. I have properties that are shallow gas fields from the 1920's that are being drilled at great depths now. So keep your fingers crossed! Keep informed and you will be ready.

If you want to join the Stephens, Grady and Garvin forums, they are the most active with relevant technical information, a little humor, but some good info. The reservoirs will be different, but you will learn about lease clauses, things to watch out for, etc. Go back about six-nine months and read forward and you will be in the loop.

I co-own a property in Caddo County. We just signed a new lease in January 2014.

We own Section 27-9N-10W: S/2 NE/4 and N/2 SE/4

Section 27, Township 9N, Range 10W

Looking for other family members who are a part of this.

Wish you the best, Patricia.

According to the map, these properties are up just north of the Gracemont area, near highway 281 - mine are down by Cache Creek in the southwest corner of Caddo County. Good luck in finding your co-owners. the maps attached by M. Barnes to this string of discussions is very helpful.

Muriel Dianne Goodwin Brant said:

I co-own a property in Caddo County. We just signed a new lease in January 2014.

We own Section 27-9N-10W: S/2 NE/4 and N/2 SE/4

Section 27, Township 9N, Range 10W

Looking for other family members who are a part of this.

Wish you the best, Patricia.