Franklin Couny AR

My small interests were transferred and I am having difficulty getting a division order. I was told I would not receive Division Orders until transfer was finalized with me receiving a Royalty Check. Because my interests are small i will not be receiving a check for quite a while. Is there a way I can get Division Orders now? Is there a way I can receive a royalty check for a small amount? Are there state laws that require royalty payments despite a small amount?

I have very small royalty interests I inherited from my Dad. Like sometimes 4 zeros after the decimal point! I have received division orders from most of the companies. There were a couple who said they didn’t issue division orders, which seemed strange to me. My experience is that it is up to the company to decide when to issue a check. Some are $10, some $25 or maybe $100. A check can sometimes be released at the end of the year no matter what amount. This is just what I have experienced. I am in Texas, but my interests are in several states. There are more experienced people on this forum that could maybe add or correct what I just told you. Good Luck!

Send a certified letter to the operator (and keep a copy) and ask what the difficulty is and how it can be straightened out. Many companies do not want to pay if the amount is less than $100. When it builds up to that much, then they will pay or at least pay annually. I usually reset my Division Orders to $25. The Arkansas Oil & Gas Code should have the rules on Division Orders. Maybe someone on the forum knows the exact statute.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.