Fractional interest amounts

Property in Howard County … Bow tie and Mr Dynamite. I received a fractional interest from my dad, as he divided his interest with his three children. From a document received before the split, my grandma had a 1/21 interest which she split between my dad and my aunt. I assume that gives them both 1/42 interest. This was split again 3 ways, giving each of us 1/126 interest? The calculates to .0079365, but the interest on our payments for each well has always been calculated as .000330580. Is that correct? If so, why the discrepancy? Thanks!

That could be correct. The number on your payments is you NRI in the well. That means your % interest multiplied by the royalty rate from the lease you are subject to and multiplied by your acreage in the well/unit. As a formula, NRI=NMA/unit acres x royalty. As to the first part of your question, you probably do have 1/126. You would need to read the instruments that convey the interest to you to make sure that they convey the interest in equal proportions, but that is usually the case. You could also verify that your grandmother did receive the full 1/21 originally by looking at title and making sure that who sold it to her had the full 1/21 to sell. That is more rare to have an over-conveyance, but it does happen. Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

My brothers and I recently received an offeron Mr dynamite and and bow tie 41-44 that is about 3x what we have gotten in the past. Can anyone give me help in understanding why? The past year payments have been declining so wondering what’s up.

Thanks!

Several new drilling permits have been issued. You can check activity and follow along yourself through the TXRRC. Go to: https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/ and at the top, select Go To: Howard. Then, click the magnifying glass and select Survey. In the survey search box, go to Abstract: and type 1223, then click Query. It will zoom to your area. You can click the “i” at the top and select well. Now, you can search around the area and click on the wells to see well information, permit info, production, etc. Congratulations!

I am wondering how you identify new activity. I did not see any new well numbers so still not sure why the offers are going up.

Thanks!

@Beth1, Go to the TRRC website and use the queries tab and find drilling permits, or you can circumvent that using the link I provided below. Then you just have to fill in the queries. You can do a basic search if needed by only knowing the county or the district and choose a date range for submitted or approved permits. You do not even need to know the operator. :slight_smile: MK

TRRC Drilling Permit Link

1 Like