Fracking

Anyone contacted about gas or oil leases should google, fracking. Its the method of deep well gas drilling that is going on right now. There are lots of concerns about this method of drilling that land owners should be aware of. There is a lot of money to be made, but if your dependent on well water and your well becomes contaminated you will need the money to relocate.

Fracking is not a method of deep well gas drilling. Perhaps you should use Bing.com instead of google.

Good. I got a comment about fracking. No one was mentioning it on the site and I thought if I did I would get some negative feedback for my doing so. I was curious about your comment to try bing.com so I did and searched fracking. Bing is a search engine just like google and it pulled up the same information on the web regarding fracking that google does. Fracking is a method of drilling to retrieve gas from the Marcellus shale layer which is between 8,000 and 10,000 feet deep. If that is not deep well gas drilling than what do you call it?

Joe: I have a link that covers the issue of contamination and the causes. This article is based on information pertaining primarily to the Barnett Shale drilling activity and thousands of wells drilled. The conclusion is that contamination of water wells is a very rare event and the most likely cause is poor cementing protecting the fresh water aquifers. It is also interesting to note that Halliburton has recently announced a new fracturing methodology that is safer to frac wells. They also claim to have a procedure to clean and recycle waste water for reuse. This may be important for mineral owners especially in Pennsylvania and the NE who have many concerns on protecting aquifers in this region.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/09/04/2445005/the-barnett-shale-search-for-facts.html

Fracking is not a drilling method. It is a completion method that has been used to stimulate production since the 1950’s.

For your edification, this board has entire forums devoted to hydrofacing.

Your comment was clearly meant to provoke, which is what you admitted. However, when it is clear that you are terribly misinformed as to drilling and completion operations, perhaps some more education on your part is in order before you try to promote your cause.

The intelligence is along the same lines as Speaker Pelosi, from the People’s Republic of California, saying that the United States needs to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels and begin using natural gas.

FYI, my first comment was negative feedback. Next time, I will try to be less obscure.

Have a peaceful and Blessed Thanksgiving,

Joe Duzzi said:

Good. I got a comment about fracking. No one was mentioning it on the site and I thought if I did I would get some negative feedback for my doing so. I was curious about your comment to try bing.com so I did and searched fracking. Bing is a search engine just like google and it pulled up the same information on the web regarding fracking that google does. Fracking is a method of drilling to retrieve gas from the Marcellus shale layer which is between 8,000 and 10,000 feet deep. If that is not deep well gas drilling than what do you call it?

To Buddy Cotten: About your reply to my comment regarding fracking. I made a very simple comment about fracking that everyone can read above. There is much on the internet regarding hydrofracking and my comment stands true and does not require further “edification,” as you put it. Who are you, and why are you attacking me so strongly?

Thank you Mike, I will take a look at the info you suggest. What you have to say is good to hear. Joe

Mike Igau said:

Joe: I have a link that covers the issue of contamination and the causes. This article is based on information pertaining primarily to the Barnett Shale drilling activity and thousands of wells drilled. The conclusion is that contamination of water wells is a very rare event and the most likely cause is poor cementing protecting the fresh water aquifers. It is also interesting to note that Halliburton has recently announced a new fracturing methodology that is safer to frac wells. They also claim to have a procedure to clean and recycle waste water for reuse. This may be important for mineral owners especially in Pennsylvania and the NE who have many concerns on protecting aquifers in this region.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/09/04/2445005/the-barnett-shale-s…

I’m not attacking you strongly. I do appologize for obviously hurting your feelings.

Stand by your statements. I do not care.

Joe Duzzi said:
To Buddy Cotten: About your reply to my comment regarding fracking. I made a very simple comment about fracking that everyone can read above. There is much on the internet regarding hydrofracking and my comment stands true and does not require further "edification," as you put it. Who are you, and why are you attacking me so strongly?