Fracking ban affecting anyone?

We own mineral rights in Mountrail County, 157 N, 90 W Section 3. Most of the sections in this area have been drilled and are either producing or are confidential. Our section had a peculiar problem: a 40 acre parcel is owned by the government and they were slow to lease it. So EOG split the 640 into two 320's and drilled on the west 320, leaving the 320 where our MR are located in limbo.

Now that parcel has been leased but now the potential fracking ban on gov. land has put another hold on the drilling. Has anyone else had these problems?

Our 3 yr lease is almost expired--anyone know what lease bonuses in that area might be now?

Are you sure the 40 acres is federal government land? I'm just asking because I can think of a few situations that could cause a delay such as you describe. I think if they were worried about a potential fracking ban they would want to drill and frack as soon as possible.

How do you know the fracking ban is holding up drilling that section? Any idea what oil company holds the majority of the leases?

Lily, I didn't see your reply til now. Northern Oil and Gas leased our minerals as a participating owner. EOG made the proposal to divide the section and subsequently drilled the well on the west half. I don't know how many other companies are participating or what the proportion of leases are. I believe Hunt has quite a bit.

In response to my inquiries to Northern Oil and Gas regarding the delay, they sent me a copy of a letter informing them of the fracking issue on government land. I will go back and try to find that letter and attach it here (if I can figure out how!! : )

Lily Pad said:

How do you know the fracking ban is holding up drilling that section? Any idea what oil company holds the majority of the leases?