Fracing notification

A well was drilled on a tract of land I have a mineral interest. This was finished (although not completed) around Sept. of last year. However, they have not done any fracing on the well to date. Assuming that they will do that in due course (assuming it is not a dry hole), is there any documentation that they would have to file with the RRC to notify it that they were about to commence fracing or is the only notice you ultimately get is when a completion notice is filed with the commission?

Morris:

In order to find out the status of the well, I would contact the Railroad Commission, preferably the District Office of the area where you well is located. They should be able to provide the current status of this well. If this were a dry hole, the well should have been plugged if the drilling was completed in September. The paperwork trail from the operator to the RRC should contain all downhole information from spud to completion.

Thanks Charles. I will check in to that.

charles s mallory said:

Morris:

In order to find out the status of the well, I would contact the Railroad Commission, preferably the District Office of the area where you well is located. They should be able to provide the current status of this well. If this were a dry hole, the well should have been plugged if the drilling was completed in September. The paperwork trail from the operator to the RRC should contain all downhole information from spud to completion.

Scheduling the equipment needed to frac a well is tough these days. If the well has not been plugged & the TRRC status is listed as completing, I would put my money on they are waiting until a date closer to the scheduled frac date to begin completion operations..