Found a oil and gas lease. What would we do?

We have just found a letter from XTO Energy. It was adressed to my grandmother Sally and the date is January9, 2014. It’s a oil and gas lease. But it’s not signed. We knew that she received an interest from her uncle but we have not a proof of ownership. What should we do? I’m the heir.

Township 157 North, Range 96 West, Section 1: All Township 157 North, Range 96 West, Section 12: All

Can someone help us? What are we going to do?

The starting point is to determine the probate procedure that was used for the uncle’s estate, what he owned, and the interest your grandmother inherited. You likely will need to engage a probate attorney. What was the probate procedure used for grandmother’s estate that established you were the heir?

That might be a copy of a lease that she signed. She would have to have returned the original. Or she may have been force pooled. XTO did drill a well in 2014. Jacqueline 11X-1B. Do you have a last name that the lease might be under? You can contact XTO and find out whether or not she leased or was pooled and what is needed to get into pay status. . The leasing agent would have done a title check to lease. To get into pay status would have required a division order title opinion, so depending upon the date of her death, she may or may not have been in pay status. You will probably need to engage a probate attorney as sclausen suggested. You will also have to prove that you are her heir.

Request that the Division Order Analyst provide you with requirements to put you into pay status. From there you can determine how many generations of probates you need to do, or if you can proceed with a quite title action.

Hello

We have find à final decree of distribution where we can see that our great-grandmother has actually inherited the land. This proof i got send to me 5 may (on Wednesday) after i contacted williams county recorder. It is not easy when you live in Sweden to research this. The evidence of her inheritance is dated 1955. Since xto did not hear from her i ask myself the question of who is registered on the land if you check today. We now have proof that she inherited the land and my husband is the rightful heir. Is there anything else to do or should we try to send this to XTO. I am very grateful for all the help.

In final decree of distribution there are also some other persons who also has à part of the land. How does it work? We have no idea who this people are. Are we too late on the ball?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.