Fort Bend County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

This group is for members to discuss all types of mineral leases in Fort Bend County, Texas.

Hi, I'm new to this site and to the oil business as a royalty owner, although my grandfather was not. In 1955, he discovered the Barb-Mag oilfield in Fort Bend county near Orchard, Tx. My avatar is me standing by one well when I was 12 yrs. old (1955). I want to learn as much as I can about the interest that I have in Fort Bend county. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I see that there are only 10 members on this board with last acvity posted in early 2014.

while updating records and researching ownership I noted that my brothers and I own a small portion of a 75 acre tract (abstract 229) I also noted that an agreement was recorded in fort bend county with my great grandfather being the grantor and the recordind was several years after he died. Now I dont have a copy of the agremeent but the grantee is not a party to any lease for which I have any knowledge. In addition I dont believe we have ever been paid for produciton but I don not see any production near this abstract.

Any thought on what this might be?

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf