Former conoco executive is new chesapeake chairman

June 21, 2012

Chesapeake Energy Corp. announced its new board, naming five independent directors, including a chairman. Archie W. Dunham, former chairman of Houston’s ConocoPhillips and former CEO Conoco, takes over as Chesapeake’s new independent non-executive chairman. Dunham has had no previous relationship with Chesapeake. Aubrey McClendon remains on the on board and continues as CEO and president.

Clint,

Why don't they get rid of McClendon? Then they may be able to get back on the road and start making a profit.

I know I'm not going to invest with Chesapeake and wish they didn't even have one of my leases. I find they take advantage or short changes the investor and the mineral owners. Real crooks.

Virginia,

Why this jerk isn't in prison beats me. There's folks out there that have done a lot less than he has that are in the cross bar hotel. A lot of folks he has hurt financially. He's a very unethical individual. He might make a typical politician considering his dishonesty. Isn't that right Wilsontownship.

Clint Liles

Clint,

I will agree, McClendon has the true making to be President of the US.

To bad the Sheriff of Arizona doesn't run for President, then all the politician can have pink short and we can get the US back on track.

I have to keep my blood pressure down as this President & McClendon makes it boil.

Virginia,

You have a way with words. My exact thoughts. I'm sure 'Kaye' will agree with you also. She's very vocal in her emails about the circus clowns in the White house. Oh, yes we were talking about the clowns at Chesapeake. You can't tell me that the board of directors didn't know what was going on. That's right, all of them.

Clint Liles

Clint,

As in Prez of the USA, why would anyone who is even halfway honest want to go to work with McClendon?

Yours,

Wes Luke

Wes,

The way Mac has been going he may be involved in the other scandal known as 'Fast and Furious'. Wes, I don't think you or I could get away with what he has gotten away with so far. The cookie hasn't crumbled yet but it may before the dust settles. Cookie dust that is. The SEC and IRS haven't spoken 'YET'. I feel sorry for the unfortunate folks that have been cheated by Chessy and it isn't over yet.

Clint Liles

Clint & Wes,

May be it's time us Texan go to work on McClendon. I know OCC doesn't like us. I was told a few years back by a guy at OCC, if you have problems with a Texan or CA, you had better get to work on it or they will be here in person before the end of the day.

Maybe it's time we help McClendon also, that is down the drain. Have to feel sorry for the stock holders.