Form W-1

If issued permits overlap, does the Rail Road Commission have to settle the problem? Is the

owner of the mineral rights notified of the settlement. Does a settlement have to be reached

before the owner can sign a lease?

Hi Again, Woody!

The RRC has to approve every Permit. No approval, not drilling. If there is any conflict, they will insist that it be resolved before they will approve it.

I am only aware of the mineral owners being notified if there is to be a hearing of some sort.

Resolving Permit issues and leasing have nothing to do with one another. If you want to lease your interests, call the company(ies) and ask to speak to the Landman who is responsible for the area where your lands are located.

If they are applying for Permits effecting your lands they should have been in touch with you by now. Are you sure you own your mineral rights?

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas