Form for IRS dealing w/ royalty tax

I have read that there is a form that can be filled out before drilling begins so the income from the royalty payments isn't automatically deducted at 33 1/2 %. Does anyone know what I'm talking about & if so where I can find that form. Thank you!

The operator of the well will withhold taxes at 28% of your royalties unless you file a W-9 form with the company. You have to provide them your tax ID number to show that you are exempt from "back-up withholding". You usually get a W-9 from the operator when they send you the division order prior to making payments to you.

Thank you so much Mary!

Just saying. With owners receiving 25% mineral rights, 28% in taxes and good knows how much in production and marketing costs. What will be left for us.