Forged signature and charge for costs

Hello,

I have some mineral right interest in Wetzel County that it took 2 years production for me to get any payment out on it and it’s not correct. I had asked recently from Antero for a copy of my lease because I couldn’t find mine and after six different times that I requested it I finally had a copy email to me that clearly shows the last page of it with my signature being forged on it with incorrect information. Also I’ve been charged for transportation costs cost at the wellhead when I should not have been charged. And recently I had my sisters interest transferred over to me because she passed away at the end of July that they keep telling me that they mailed me out a check that I still haven’t received at all. I just recently contacted an attorney in West Virginia and forwarded all my documentation over to them to have somebody review it however I’m just wondering what kind of consequences that Antero would face for forging my signature on a document that I didn’t sign clearly is not my signature and the information is wrong and being charged for transportation cost. Any information would be helpful thank you.

1 Like

You need to ask your attorney that question. Too many scenarios involving the oil & gas lease.

You can go to the courthouse online at IDX reCAPTCHA

Search your name and it should bring up either a Memo of Oil and Gas lease or the full oil and gas lease. Nothing gets recorded without an acknowledgment from the notary. Review what was recorded and see if you see notice the notary and signature. Contact an Oil and Gas attorney as well. Miller Law Offices from Fairmont, WV is highly recommended.

Most likely one of your family members forged your name.

My guy, you don’t know anything about this person’s family. How can you just post this baseless accusation with no consequence?

1 Like

My family member? Nope…I live by myself…my mother passed away almost 50 years ago. Don’t have a father, my sister passed away and my brother is listed on the Ohio Attorney Generals website as officially missing for the last 7 years. So to answer your assumable statement…no not a possible answer. An employee of Antero forced my signature. Which also explains the reason they filed a Memorandum instead of the actual lease.

I’m sure that something similar was done to me. I was dealing with EQT which I’ve done for years. A new EQT employee contacted me about extending a lease. The terms he sent me were not we agreed to. He said I have your signature right here that I’m looking at. I had never signed it. Fortunately I was able to contact the former employee I dealt with. This was for mineral rights in Mannington, WV

When you receive a lease packet from a Landman, It will have a MOL (Memorandum of lease), Main Oil and Gas lease, and Order of Payment with a W9. A lot of Operators record memorandums instead of the main lease to keep their lease language private. You would still have to sign the Memo and have notarized to be recorded. Please look at the document recorded and see if that is your signature and the State and County notary you live in. I just don’t see how the operator would be able to forge your signature and have an Ohio notary notarize it. But again, I would also call an oil and gas attorney IF you have a case.

1 Like

You bring up transportation costs several times, is that your sticking point? If they did forge your signature, contact the district attorney for that area and file charges as thats a crime.

1 Like

Experienced Attorneys, some landmen have seen many incorrect deeds, documents and Affidavits of Heirships and so on. You need to read the original post about forged signatures. That’s the topic.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.