Forced Pooling

If I was forced pooled, do I get a new lease bonus each time a new well is drilled even if additional wells are mentioned in the Pooling Order? Thank you!

In general, no, you only get the bonus the first time. What state?

Oklahoma. Thanks for the info!

Then confirming that in OK, you only get the bonus once for the reservoir that is pooled. They can continue to drill wells under that pooling order in the same reservoir for decades! That is why savvy mineral owners would rather have a higher royalty and don’t care as much about a lower bonus. The long time payout of a higher royalty on more wells usually offsets any difference in bonus since it is only paid once. You can be pooled again for a shallower or deeper reservoir.

Thank you for the very helpful explanation!

Geat discussion here , M_Barnes i have rights in 30 10n 05w Grady , currently producing under Roan , they are drilling a new well in section 6 below me , 40% of that run will end up in sec 30 , does this fall under the same pooling/spacing/lease contract as the current wells? , or is this considered one that will be force pooled and have a new lease bonus ?

If you are currently held by a lease that is producing and has no depth clause then any new drilling will be held by the former lease. The old lease is in the secondary term and will be pertinent as long as there is production. (You may have a continuous drilling clause that may come into effect. Read the old lease as not all of them had them.)

If your old lease had a depth clause and the new well is deeper than the limits of that clause, then you can get a new lease or pool.

If you are held by an old force pool at a shallower horizon and the new well is in a deeper reservoir, then you could be part of a new lease and/or force pool. I am getting a lot of those right now. I have shallow wells from an old force pool and am now leasing for the deeper (sometimes shallower) level.

Thanks Again M_Barnes very helpful!:smiley: