Fisher County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Does anyone know if drilling has started on the Sojourner 1-H well or has it already been drilled?

I have an acquaintance who has mineral interest near Rotan who told me he got a lease a year and a half ago for 25%, $425, 3 yrs.

Eddy, no activity yet at the Sojourner 1-H site.

Thanks FB

Verda, What part of Fisher County are you in North South East West. How far from Rotan and the river? There was a group about a year and 1/2 ago that was giving leases like that, but the owner got sick and they could not finish the deals. I think that some of he property is still tied up.

Who is making deals in Fisher now? My place is 1/2 mile off Fisher in Stonewall. I would like to know. 150 / acre may be a good deal now buy I would rase the Royalty to 1/5 to 1/3

Robert, the properties are nearest to Roby and Claytonville in NW or N central Fisher County. Roby is not far from Rotan. I don't know about the river. I need to look on a map. Thanks!

I've got 200 acres of land for sale in Fisher County with no minerals. With the canyons there, I don't foresee any drilling, there are much more accessible plots for a rig. It is a beautiful place for a home or to hunt.

http://200acreranch.com/

Clint,

Thank you for all of your postings on permits and completions. Can you give me some 'pointers' on reading the completion reports? What should I look at to determine if it is a good well?--and any other pertinent info? Thanks for your help!!! Martha

Martha,

If it ain't a dry hole and it's producing it's a good well. Naw just kidding.If it's a fairly shallow Verticle well(800' to 1200'and it's producing 15 to 20 barrels a day I would say that's a fairly good well for the investment in exploration. A 10,000' Horizontal well would possibly need to produce at least 150 barrels per day for several years to pay for the $5 to $9 million dollar investment. It also helps if a well is a gas producer and is flowing. No pump jack is needed.

Clint Liles

I am looking for approximately 5-10 acres of land for the possibility of placing a commercial disposal well....does anyone know any surface rights owners that may be interested? Call me, 512-791-2499

Our family mineral lease in Fisher County, N/W 1/4 of Sect. 121, Blk 2, H & TCRY Co. Survey. I am living in CA right now and I am told by neighbors that Oil and Gas are flowing from a test well there and they are planning another well to be drilled. Gunn Oil tells me they are waiting to start cutting checks until all the family interests are vetted. Everyone in the family has given them the same information. I am curious if they are holding funds in a interest bearing account and are trying to hold it as long as they can so they can get as much interest money as they possibly can for Gunn Oil before distributing. Anyone else heard of any shenanigans like this going on?

Jerry,

Would this be Gunn Oil Company out of Wichita Falls, Texas?

Clint Liles

Yes, Clint.

Jerry, My name is Clif Liles, Wichita Falls,Tx, and I am retired from oilfield supply and production business and I have known of Gunn Oil Co for 40 + years and they are the most honest people to deal with in the world. Don't worry ,you are in good hands with good people. Have a good day and I pray that your production is long life production. Best wishes. 940-733-3816 Clif Liles

Thanks for setting my mind at ease Clif. I hope you are enjoying your retirement!

Jerry Armstrong, MSgt, USAF (Retired)

Jerry, my experience with Gunn is limited but I would echo Clif's message. They have always been upfront and very responsive when I have questions.

Timothy Terry, what do you plan on disposing in the disposal well you are looking to drill?

Hey Jerry…itll be a salt water disposal well.

I was emailed by a representative of Gunn Oil. He simply stated "Division Orders will be mailed, Thursday Morning, 9-19-2013." What does he mean by "DIVISION ORDERS?"

It is what you have to sign to get paid on a well. It confirms your ownership percentage, among other things.