Fisher and nolan county activity

Any current information on horizontal wells being drilled and completed in Fisher or Nolan counties? Send a little good news up north.

In Fisher county the last horizontal permit I show was the Henderson 1H 11 and 1/2 miles SE of Roby. Devon Energy, spud date 4/12/13 and surface casing was set the same date. This is a Wolfcamp with 9000’ total depth.

thanks

Devon permitted a horizontal well in Fisher yesterday........7.5 miles NE of Roby. Sojourner 1-H

Dena,

Do you know the Section and Block in Fisher County, for the Sojourner 1-H

Dena Johnson said:

Devon permitted a horizontal well in Fisher yesterday........7.5 miles NE of Roby. Sojourner 1-H

Any completion updates on this well??

larry langford said:

In Fisher county the last horizontal permit I show was the Henderson 1H 11 and 1/2 miles SE of Roby. Devon Energy, spud date 4/12/13 and surface casing was set the same date. This is a Wolfcamp with 9000' total depth.

w.p.

Devon just applied to the RR Commission for the permit, so the well hasn't been drilled yet.

Clint Liles

Once a permit is pulled, how long before it is drilled?

Then what?

w. p.,

I was wrong about the permit just being applied for. This permit was approved in May 2013. No Block or Section #'s are given , just the Abstract #.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487656236&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Ry07DMBD8mnK0vHbS9rKHgOBMS0UPUQ9uYqWWnIfWjgApH886gAQpZ8TF3p0djWfHE0iJagIJCDdEVVFF13f7iupSnnDGX-zZDENQgsciRBOtiK9iDCtdbCUzFK7Uw_2x4FKnsibnveuaR0uti2E3Wnr7kBV1z6QMWxsvfX3o74z3DORINo7UHfona6i6MLRFeeWmDPO0oCaIwZBpn40f7WySH97cpjtDyCEVOZ5t47pwdDHpseCPHtSiX_BVhhJ4l_lQTE9YjnLDLXxieuEQ_i6v8JXTGgfTWPqWx6_hwalc8pJZ5L0Ugpw0gtYTh8d1jpBNa0avNf7bB7wDtDxY8r0CAAA

If you scroll down to the bottom of this permit you can click onto the plat map.

Terry,

I'm not saying that it will happen to this permit, but I've seen permits issued that the well was never drilled. As hot of an area as the Permian Basin is I'm sure this well will be drilled. When it will be drilled? They may already have drilled it. Depends on the availability of drilling rigs and fracking equipment and other possibilities.

Clint Liles

Timing of starting to drill a well once permit is approved varies from well to well. There is no norm. Could be within a month, could be several months.

Are you asking about the Devon Henderson 1H in Fisher County? If yes, well was spud in early April and appears to have reached TD and set casing in early June. Permitted as a 6900' long horizontal.

Nothing new since then (i.e. completion info).

Terry said:

Once a permit is pulled, how long before it is drilled?

Then what?

Devon Sojouner 1H has not been spud yet as per DrillingInfo.com. They tend to pick up spud activity within about a week of it happening.

Clint Liles said:

w. p.,

I was wrong about the permit just being applied for. This permit was approved in May 2013. No Block or Section #'s are given , just the Abstract #.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?m...

If you scroll down to the bottom of this permit you can click onto the plat map.

Terry,

I'm not saying that it will happen to this permit, but I've seen permits issued that the well was never drilled. As hot of an area as the Permian Basin is I'm sure this well will be drilled. When it will be drilled? They may already have drilled it. Depends on the availability of drilling rigs and fracking equipment and other possibilities.

Clint Liles

I guess I need to help build a FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions page.

What is SPUD?

I know TD - Total depth

Is there an expiration on the permit?

Timing of starting to drill a well once permit is approved varies from well to well. There is no norm. Could be within a month, could be several months.

If it is horizontal well. I am assuming it needs to be fracked to flow. How long before it is fracked? Then how long before a completion report?

"Spud" is when well starts to be drilled.

Permits do have expirations - I believe that are good for 6 months but may be wrong on that time frame.

Time frame to frac a well after it reaches TD depends on operator - a lot of equipment and sub contractors needs to be mobilized and organized to do this. Quick movement would be frac'ing to commence about 1-2 weeks after well reached TD and rig moves off. But it may also take one to several months to get a well frac'd.

As for timing of completion report being made public / filed, this will again depend on the operator as well as how long it takes to get the well hooked to gas sales line (or get a flaring permit from the state). You will probably see an "interim" completion form which won't have test info but will have everything else. Then once a well goes to sales, a revised completion form will be filed.

Operators can sit on filing completion reports for some time if they want to keep things quiet as to what their results are.

With all that being said, I would asusme well is frac'd 4-6 weeks after well reaches TD. Then another couple weeks to flow the well back and test it. Then add on another 2-3 months before the final completion data is filed.

Note that even if the completion paperwork is not filed / made public, any O&G production data is filed with the Tx RRC by the operator in the form of monthly reports These tend to be about 2 months behind, e.g. June 2013 production will start to show up in Tx RRC filings the first week of August (assuming the operator does not fall behind as many do).

Sorry for the lack of encouraging and solid info on the whole timing of these operations, but that is the reality of what really happens.

Terry said:

What is SPUD?

I know TD - Total depth

If it is horizontal well. I am assuming it needs to be fracked to flow. How long before it is fracked? Then how long before a completion report?

Is Devon currently drilling in Nolan or Fisher? Was Sojourner 1 completed?

Sojourner 1 not yet drilled

Hi Terry, this site will help a lot for those questions.

The Oilfield Glossary: Where the Oil Field Meets the Dictionary

http://www.glossary.oilfield.slb.com/

Terry said:

What is SPUD?

I know TD - Total depth