Fire Canyon Ranch well

Can anyone give me any info on Continental Well, Fire Canyon Ranch, Blaine County 29-13-12? We have an interest in this well.

I see a spud record, but not a completion record and it was two years ago… Suggest you call Continental and ask them.

Forum] [Oklahoma Mineral Rights/Blaine County, OK] Continental well Fire Canyon Ranch

It was not completed after that spud date. There was a “downhole” problem and the lease they had with us ran out. They continued to “work” on the well and never released our lease. Now they have a new drilling well in the site and are actively drilling another well. My minerals are south of current well across river legal are 32-13-12. Blaine county. We are not able to communicate with continental. They will not return calls. Could you give me some guidance…? TIA

The new well has a surface location in 29. Donne FIU

Yes the surface location is in Section 29 with horizontal running south under our section 32. Can you pass on any info you can find or tell me how to get information. Thanks so much!

You can find the documents for the new well in section 29 in the OCC well records database. Use 2913N12W in the location box. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

When the well is finished, you can track the production from the OK tax site. You can use the well name in the “lease name” box. https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

Thank you! You are so helpful.

Can you tell me if there is a website where I can check and see how many mineral acres I own in a certain section? TIA

The short answer is probably no. However, there are ways to figure it out. If you have production, go directly to the operator and ask them how many net mineral acres they are carrying for you.

If you have a deed, that will help narrow it down. Some deeds are quite specific. Others not much.

Do you have probate documents that can be related back to a deed that have something like 1/8th of …

Jean- you will have to do a title search of the county clerk’s records to determine mineral ownership. You can try on OKCountyrecords but those records only go back so far.

Todd is completely correct. You can search the online records of the County Clerk but if there isn’t a recent deed (or other info) you may not find it. Older records can only be searched by going to the County Clerks office and going through the books but it’s worth taking the time to search online first.

Thank you!! You always have the answer!

Thanks so much. I will do! Much appreciated!

Thanks for you response. I will work on that!