Finley 3H well in Ward County, Texas

Does anyone have any information about Finley well 3H? In Ward County, Texas. It is owned by ConnocoPhillips since 2022. I am receiving revenue from Finley 1-2H. I am interested in any information about Finley 1-11 in Ward County. I have been getting a lot of phone calls from interested parties wanting to buy my mineral rights.

Finley 1-11 1H and Finley 1-11 2H wells are producing in SE/2 of Section 11. There is not a Finley 1-11 3H well. Traube 1-11 1H and Traube 1-11 2H wells are producing in NW/2 of Section 11. There are not any new permits in Section 11 at this time. However, the Finley wells were drilled in 2011 and according to the completion reports both wells are producing from the 3rd Bone Spring Sand. So there may be expectation that at some point more wells will be drilled in the Wolfcamp formation. There is some new drilling in nearby sections by other companies.

Thank you. Is there a website I can check for new permits in the future?

RRC website. #1 system. Online Research Queries. Drilling Permit Query. Select Ward County and at bottom of page enter a filing date range such as April 1 2023 through August 15 2023. You can limit the number of permits by entering your operator such as PDEH (Shell successor which is owned by Conoco). But that could exclude a permit by another company. Open each permit and look at the plat to see if it covers Section 11. #2 system. GIS Viewer. Select magnifying glass to search Surveys and enter Ward County; Block 1; Section 11; W&NW Survey. Then you can see wells which cross Section 11. Note that this is works best on a computer and is generally not workable on a pad. https://www.rrc.texas.gov/

1 Like

This is very helpful. Thank you. I pay taxes in Reeves County as well. Looking at the map I am unsure how Finley 1-11 could also be in Reeves County.

Part of western Ward County is in the Pecos-Barstow-Toyah ISD and so wells within the school district are taxed by P-B-T ISD. The county, hospital and other local taxes are paid to Ward County. It is an oddity, but Barstow is close to Pecos in Reeves County and so it makes sense for children to attend those schools to avoid a much longer commute. Because the wells are located in Ward County, tax valuation is done by Pritchard & Abbott on behalf of Ward County and those valuations must be accepted by Reeves County.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.