Finding what mineral rights I own?

I have been receiving a notice in the mail for the last 5+ years from OK Mineral Owner Registry stating I have mineral rights in Okmulgee county.

How does one find out what mineral rights they own?

Not sure if this is something iay have inherited or if it is just a scam.

Is there a way to find out what you own?

You may own minerals but Mineral Owners Registry is a SCAM. Don’t send them a dime.

You will need to have someone search the deed records in that county under names of your ancestors to see if there is a deed or other conveyance of mineral rights to them, or you can do that yourself. For a small fee, many title companies will do a names search, and give you a list of documents in the deed records under whatever name(s) you provide them.

Sixty-five counties are available through OkCountyRecords and it is possible to do a remedial name search through that link. Twelve counties listed below must be searched individually:

Caddo County —Search Canadian County– Search Cleveland County Clerk Search Creek County– Search Garfield County, Search Oklahoma County-Search Payne County —Search Pottawatomie County– Search Rogers County Clerk—Search Tulsa County Clerk Subscription based or Free Pre-Statehood to 1923

Wagoner County —Search Woods, Search

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.