Finding ownership paperwork

My Grandmother owned mineral rights left to her by my Great Grandmother in Garfield County, OK. How do I obtain a copy of her mineral rights to show ownership? I live in Virginia. Thank you. I have the location of the rights which were assigned to Veritas Energy who then sold them to Dakota Exploration but mail I sent to Dakota was returned. Thank you,.

Garfield County, 580.237.0226. (not 100% certain this is correct) Suggest you call the Garfield County courthouse and ask for the oil and gas area. They may have an original deed filed and then subsequent probate documents. You may have to hire a landman to do the work at the courthouse. Not sure if the Garfield records are online yet. You could ask the clerk.

If you post the section, township and range, someone may be able to help with further operator information.

Garfield county can be searched here: Welcome to the Garfield County Clerk's Official Site

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.