Finding other owners with whom i share a mineral rights interest

I have recently been contacted by an Operator from Denver who would like to lease our families mineral rights in 320 acres of land in Weld County Colorado. I have a few questions for which I need answers.

1. Does anyone have a list of brokers who I could hire to negotiate the lease with the operator?

2. Can one find a record of his/her mineral rights on the web? If so where?

3. How do I find out if the operator has been able to lease the interests of the other mineral rights owners?

4. How does one find other owners of mineral rights in the same land?

Thanks,
Craig

Great question. I, too, would like to have this information concerning property in Texas.

Gentlemen:

This information is available in a raw form in the courthouse where the property is located. Depending on the history of mineral severances in your county, a landman, abstractor, or the equivalent will run the mineral title back to near the turn of the previous century.

This is very difficult for an untrained landowner to do. The clerk will give you (in most cases) a once over view of the indexes of the documents. If I were you, I would call the county clerk and ask if there are any landmen or abstractors working that you could talk to and make a deal with them to run your title.

Now, if you were contacted by a landman, ask to see his runsheet and title report on the property. He might give you a copy for good will purposes.

Thank you. I will call the clerk.

Buddy Cotten said:
Gentlemen:

This information is available in a raw form in the courthouse where the property is located. Depending on the history of mineral severances in your county, a landman, abstractor, or the equivalent will run the mineral title back to near the turn of the previous century.

This is very difficult for an untrained landowner to do. The clerk will give you (in most cases) a once over view of the indexes of the documents. If I were you, I would call the county clerk and ask if there are any landmen or abstractors working that you could talk to and make a deal with them to run your title.

Now, if you were contacted by a landman, ask to see his runsheet and title report on the property. He might give you a copy for good will purposes.

Buddy Cotten
www.cottenoilproperties.com

I’m in the same situation with only owning part of the minerals. A land man contacted me today with an offer and stated they had the other owner already leased. How do I found out what the amount they leased his part for?

Buddy Cotten said:

Gentlemen:

Buddy Cotten
www.cottenoilproperties.com