Finding My Ownership

What is the link to find my name listed as the owner? I just found out a year ago my grandfather left me mineral rights. I am completely in the dark about what to do, look for, or track. I received a letter from Antero Resources that the well (or wells) are now active. I also just sent back to them Division Order paperwork. I really need some help. Can someone please help me??

Go to the County Website where the Rights are located. Sometimes call the County Clerk and ask how to get access to the database that shows the book and page for all lands in that county-

Not sure what you mean by “the link to find my name as the owner”. I assume you mean you are looking for the deed or other legal document that transfers ownership to you. You can find this information by searching the deed records of the county where the mineral interest is located. There are a number of online services to access deed records. However, if the oil company is sending you a division order, that means they already have this information. Thus it may be easiest to call the land or division order department of the company that sent you the division order and request your vesting documents.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.