Finding Mineral Rights

How would I find out where my family mineral rights are located

Hi Terry- please, I would ask a few questions to help you answer this question. What documentation do you possess that makes you believe your family owns mineral acres?

If you have section, township and range, then there are maps which can help you easily locate your area. Do you have rights in Caddo? If so, then here is a map that you can use. Caddo County Map.pdf (482.5 KB)

Hello Steve Hunt. I have just learned about this web sight and I have a question for you. If I do have paper work saying I do own mineral and gas rights in North Dakota how do I know that whole section is what I own and not anymore spots in north Dakota. I have been looking at all my paper work and not all the townships and sections match up…

Hello Lea- first, if your holdings are in ND, it is best to go to the area of the forum that covers the counties in ND where your holdings are located. Just click on the “Counties” tab at the top of the screen and you will find states listed, with counties. To determine your ownership, you would need to have copies of mineral deeds where the number of mineral acres is shown. A call to the county offices in ND where the deeds are recorded would allow you to confirm ownership. Some counties have set up online access to these records, but I am not sure about those in ND. Good luck. I started years ago in the same situation so you really have to have the mindset of a detective.

1 Like

I moved your topic to North Dakota. If you have county, section, township and range, then post them and I will move your questions to the proper county. North Dakota has a free website. https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/

1 Like

A mindset of a detective I like that. I have been doing this for a long time it seems like but not really when it comes to this world which is the oil world. That made me smile and made my day to have your refer to it like that because that’s what I feel like some days thank you very much for the info.

Township range section 154N 096w 006 154N 096w 007 154n 097w 001 154n 097w 012 155n 096w 025 154n 095w 020 & 029

I only knew about the first one and the second to last one I did not know about the rest until I start getting paperwork on division orders and on those paperwork was these other townships with my name on it