Finding location of drilling

I suppose the answer is right here, but I cannot find it. My mineral interests are described as the SE 1/4 of the etc, not too hard to find. The problem is that the location of drilling in that section is described as "3300 feet From South Line etc. Other than going there with a tape measure, how the heck do I find where that well is actually located in that section? I suspect there is some new activity on my leased land.

Pull the plat and permit to see the acreage included in the well or unit. The location description is for the well location to drill.

Yeah thanks, I see the point you are making.

OK, back again. With all my links to various data, I seem to be unable to find the acreage included for a well in any of them. Can you give me a program that has that information?

Are the minerals in Texas? Go to the RRC’s Map Viewer, click on the magnifying glass “search” icon at the top and choose “survey” from the drop down menu. Select the county, enter your parcel description, and click “query” to generate an interactive map. Solid green dots are producing oil wells. Go back to the top of the map and click on the “i” in a blue circle. Choose “wells” and then click on green dots to reveal permits, production data, etc. A producing hz oil well will have a black line which connects a solid green dot to a pentagon. You may have to follow a black line from your minerals outside of the section to a green dot. A blue circle on the map is a permitted well.

Wow thanks, I learn something new every day on this forum, frustrating but actually I find it to be fun. Unfortunately my interests are all in New Mexico. I have a number of powerful programs I use for New Mexico, but did not even know that data was available on them…

1 Like