Finding Leases

Hello I am looking for lease information on 2 particular wells in Howard County. Is there any resources available online to find this information? I have interest in many counties and I am still learning the ropes on the O and G industry. Thanks!

Can you post some details about where your properties are located, and specifically what you want to know? There are many resources available. Some free, and many paid.

2 Miracle max wells sec17 & 26, blk31,tn2, t&p rr co., A-185 & A1061. I have a property code and ba code. Not sure what the ba code is. I would like to find a copy of lease to verify nit, api #’s, and resources to find such leases in the future. I have interest in many counties I have a membership to drilling edge but looking for more preferably free resources.

*verify NRI "…

You can find the lease by researching back through the county records. Start with your predecessor X in title and see if he granted a lease. Then look at the deed granting minerals to X, from Grantor Y and see if Y granted a lease. The lease will only provide the gross acres in which you own minerals, such as East half of Section 10 containing 320 acres. Your net mineral acres will depend on your fractional interest - 1/10 or 1/50, which will not be described in the lease. To determine your fractional interest, you need to trace back title through all predecessors and divisions among heirs and assigns. If you know the royalty rate, gross acres and well acres, you may be able to estimate the net acres. To find the wells, look at Texas RRC GIS viewer and find the sections and wells. This will give you API numbers. The well numbers and property numbers on a check stub are the oil company’s internal numbering system.

1 Like

The miracle Max wells run north and south across the west one-half of sections 26 & 17. Section 26 and 17 total 641.5-acres, the unit. I’m assuming that you aren’t the lessor on the interest, which is the reason you don’t have a lease. I would start by asking SM Energy if they will provide you a copy.

You will need to determine how many net acres you have, and the royalty fraction in the lease you took under, in order to arrive at your NRI. You mentioned that you own a lot of properties. If that’s the case you should check into a company called Enverus, formally Drilling info. They are a little pricy, but I don’t know of any better way to monitor a lot of properties. There might be a better and cheaper way, but I don’t know of any.

Also, if you need to do title work there is a company called Texas File. They have coverage for most of Texas. You can search their deed records, and pay a small fee if you want to read and print the document. By the way you’re a very lucky man. These are super wells being drilled in this area., Also, they will probably drill more wells. Hope this helps.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback. I greatly appreciate it. I will do as advised and update this post with my findings for others who may be in my shoes in the future.

Thank you David. This is great information and I definitely will research these websites. I am very grateful for the mineral forum and what seems to be a pool of great individuals who care to help others like myself. I will pay it forward as I progress in this industry. Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.