Finding former oil operators

I have ceased to receive royalty payments from several operators in Creek County OK. The names of the wells have simply disappeared entirely. Usually I have been notified of a change in operator but not in these cases. I either can’t find any listing for the former operator or way to contact them.

If you give a section, township & range & well name, someone will help you.

You can use the OCC well records site to track backwards. Use the surface location of the wells and look for the Form 1073 which tracks the ownership changes.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Sometimes, the older company does not exist anymore and will show the new company with an address and phone number. (Granted, some are out of date) You can also track the status of the wells. It will show if the well has been plugged. The information is not perfect, but it does help somewhat.

You can also use the OTC tax site to see production information and if the well has produced in the last 12 months. Gross Production

29-2N-10E. Creek County, OK. The name of the well is Eddings and I had payment from XTO. 24-14N-7E. Creek County, OK. The name of the well is McGuire1 and I had payment from Rainbow/Scissortail. 17-16N-11E. Creek County. The name is Sellers and I had payment from KLO. 16-17N-8E. Creek County. The name is Vick#1. I had 1 payment from KeystoneGas Corp. How long is the amount of time between payment on a well by anyone before I can consider it not held and free to lease. Not that anyone is leasing. Hope springs eternal.

I checked the Eddings well and it is still producing and still operated by XTO. Are you sure XTO and the others have your current address?

If you have not had recent payments in the last few monts, check your division order and see if you have your minimum set at $100. If the well is old and with low production, they may only pay once a year. You can change that minimum to $25 to get checks more frequently. Also, make sure that they have any current address, especially if you have moved recently. You need to file that change of address with the operator and in the county clerk’s office.

You need to check the terms of your lease before assuming the minerals are free to lease. Leases have “savings” clauses that can prolong the time. Shut in clauses and continuous operating clauses are several of them.

Look up your wells on the OTC tax site and see if they have production in the last 12 months. See who the operator is and contact them.

I have the same address. Do you know how I can contact owner relations at XTO. The website doesn’t have an email address that I can find and the didn’t answer my voicemail.

Interest owner resources | XTO Energy Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the “contact us” button

Send letters to addresses on your last check stubs.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.