Finding deed to mineral rights

Hello, My Grandmother is going to a nursing home, the Medicare application needs info about some mineral rights she has owned for many years, I don’t know the address of the property but I know the county it is in , how do I find anything saying that she actually owns mineral rights? Thank you for any help, sorry I have no idea where to even start .

I’d like to help… but I need a little more information. What state and county?

Oklahoma , Oklahoma county. I was able to find the warranty deed on the county website from when they sold the land , it says “grantor conveys surface rights only to subject property” Who’s basically explains it, But there is not a title or deed just saying they own mineral rights.

Well, that surface only deed would show that your grandmother did not convey mineral rights in that transaction… but you’ll need to examine the earlier documents to see whether they owned minerals to begin with. Meaning, even though they sold the surface only it may be that they owned only surface to begin with.

Oklahoma County records can be researched below. If this involves a Medicaid Application, DHS reviews the value of the minerals to determine whether they would cause your mother to have excess resources. Excess resources would prevent her from becoming eligible for Medicaid. Generally speaking minerals valued at $6k or less would not be a problem. DHS uses formulas for producing minerals and other methods to value non-producing minerals.

https://www.okcc.online/# This post is no legal, investment or tax advice. This is legal information but does not create an attorney-client relationship by virtue of this post.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.