Final Order of the Corporation Commission

Hello, My wife received from Charney Brown LLC, the Final Order of the Corporation Commission re: Cimarex Energy requesting horizontal drilling and spacing units. It shows the well name as “Hays Ranch 1-5H”. We have not heard of that well before. Is this the planned name when they drill? We only knew of the “Paul Lacey Unit Well #2” on that section when we signed a Division Order with Sun Exploration & Production Co. in 1988 and signed a Division Order with Oryx Energy Company in 1989. These mineral rights were passed down to my wife. We don’t have a Mineral Deed for this property. Any information would be helpful. Thank you. Ron W.

Hays Ranch 1-5H was drilled in March 2011 and is holding the section at 640 ac spacing in the Woodford. Your wife should be getting royalties from Cimarex. If your wife inherited, then the probate documents substitute for the deed. The Paul Lacy #2 lease has had an on and off production. Is your wife currently getting royalties from it?

Thanks Ms. Barnes. I’ll have to pull Cimarex paperwork, but the well doesn’t sound familiar to us. And I have a table of all wells we’re getting royalties from, and that’s not on the list at all.

Suggest that you contact Cimarex and see if they are holding royalties in suspense. Make sure that your wife has her name and address and any probate documents properly flied in the county courthouse with the clerk of records.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/OG/Well%20Records/1DCFB979.pdf. Double checking that you are talking about 5-11N-9W. This is the completion report for the Hays Ranch.

If you want to get copies of the deed or other documents, you can access the Canadian County Recorders records online. If the document is older, you will have to contact that office with the document information for copies. You should be able to go to welldatabase.com and sign up for a free account. That will allow you to get some well/production information. The website is a little challenging to navigate at times. If you get check copies through energylink.com, then you should check out their MineralIQ product. It has a limited mapping application that may be helpful. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.