Fayette County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks Bigfoot. I'll try that.

what is the GLO site

Wade:

I second what Nancy just said. What is the GLO site and I'm evidently not forum literal enough to figure out how to get to the home page you mentioned?

Wade,

I have been to the Texas General Land Office web site and cannot find this wonderful map. The maps offered are either historical or relate to land owned by the State of Texas or its Permanent School Fund. Please provide a specific GLO site that provides a current map or maps that aid legal descriptions. It would also be helpful to have a map that shows landmarks, like national, state and county roads, railroads, cities, towns and community villages. For me, it would be a map that included Lavaca County.

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/startit.htm Try this link. Enter info on the right hand side to pull up your map.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery of GLO. I had no idea what those letters stood for. As the kid would say today, duh!

Upper left corner of this page has a link which takes you to the Home page of this website. It has videos, articles, and a summary of the website contents. It also has a listings section, where you can post minerals for sale or lease. I wrote an article on the home page, Internet Resources, that has links for a lot of different sources. Sorry for the shorthand.

Thanks, Wade. You are an expert lawyer and a friend of the folks who follow this forum.

What is the latest on second blackjack well off 609. Drilling rig is gone.

Hello all,

We have several issues with Enervest & their refusal to account for gas, ngl & oil sales from our leases.

They also have little to no production from the wells.

They turn them on only once or twice a month.

When we get our settlement w/check they show gas sales of 200 mmcf. and then show 2000 gallons of liquids. These liquids are condensate and instead of 105-110 dollars per 42 gallons they only pay us less than 40 dollars per 42 gallons.

Since they are the purchaser on the P-4, they are ripping us (and you) off each month for millions of dollars.

Our gas meters (which show all gas from each well, on each lease) read sales of 95 million cu. ft. of gas, yet they have only reported 58 million cu. ft. to the TRRC.

What they do report to the TRRC has a disposition code of 2, which clearly states the gas is not to be further processed or treated at any gas plant.

We have also become aware that they have ignored our lease which states very clearly that no well shall hold significantly more than 80 acres. They then came out 20 years later and drilled a second well and did no ratification or new lease and are trying to hold 897 acres.

Their in house land man (Patillo), when queried about these issues, then tells me that they operate over 800 wells and I am the only person griping about their methods of payment. I have asked to see the BTU of gas being sold from each well and any contracts and payment sheets from the gatherer and purchaser. They refused to oblige me.

Well they do have around 800 leases, but they have over 500 wells on the ageing well reports. All have -O- production and have been called "Temporarily Abandoned". I don't know about you leas(s), but, non of mine have such a clause. As a matter of fact mine stipulate that if after the primary term there is no sales (payments) for 90 days that the lease terminates.

I truly believe that Enervest is being given special treatment by the TRRC and they are being allowed to manipulate the records of production and misappropriate magnitudes of money.

Have you seen how most of their well sites are kept? They spend no money on repairs, upkeep, paint or maintaining the lands they use.

Please get into your statements and see if you are not being ripped off as well, bet you are!

I am looking for approximately 5-10 acres of land for the possibility of placing a commercial disposal well....does anyone know any surface rights owners that may be interested? Call me, 512-791-2499

Is there any hope of drilling in the Schulenburg area?

What is the latest on the Sanchez ABDE wells drilled off the five mile creek area in Flatonia?

I have followed this board for years and am disappointed in the number of new posts. I still want to know what is going on in the Schulenburg area, especially the Hwy. 90 E and I-10 area. We have 50 PRIME acres right outside the city limits and like everyone else, would love to see some royalty checks come in. Our lease with Cypress expires next year.

Schulenburg area has been very quiet - most probably because it is far downdip and the Eagle Ford section in this area is very thin and almost definitely gas prone / low liquid content.

Cypress O&G has been actively trying to sell their acreage position but to my knowledge, no company had agreed to take on all or part of this asset.

Cypress was drilling a downdip Edwards well but I have heard nothing since it was spud back in March (may be a bit off on the well timing but it was earlier this year).

What's happening in Flatonia on the Sanchez five mile creek, units ABD&E. Last I heard they had moved the well. Are they fracking and how long will that take before production?

Not sure on A - E. I know a well has been put on a pad site to drill 5 mile creek units K, N, and possibly O (possibly same rig). My guess is drilling done on A - E and fracking in process. Not sure on the timeline for flowback/production after drilling/fracking.

Not to mention any names at this point; but, there is and oil company along with their leasing agent leasing up land North of Flatonia. This is obviously not their first leasing expedition, so they know what they are doing. Started leasing at pitifully low bonus and % with absolutely the worst lease I can imagine. No depth severance at all, shut in clause of $1/ year for 5 years and it goes on and on. Most people are finally waking up and forcing the process through an attorney; but, it seems these guys are almost impossible to get any mineral owner help from, even through an attorney. Anyone had experience with these guys or want to input. Any information to get this discussion kicked off would be appreciated.

Bigfoot, I have not seen many companies, even if they insist on working from their own form, refuse to agree to a substantial addendum which takes out all the oppressive provisions. They are just not the standard anymore.

The only exception is for tiny interests. I have seen EOG and a few others refuse to negotiate anything of substance for interests less than three acres.

Overall, we have had few that won’t agree to start from our form.

The main problem seems to be where family members refuse or don’t think to band together and get picked off one by one. Really, if the bonus is enough to pay the fees, an owner should be represented. If they hit even a below average well, the royalties far outstrip the bonus, and that is where the lease form becomes most important.

Wade:

I almost mentioned your name when I wrote the previous reply since we've had conversations before. I like what you just said and I hope this works out to be true; but, there is a company in here leasing and they have the most oppressive lease I've ever seen from the get-go. I haven't had the privilege of seeing his lease; but, our local attorney has tried to work with these people and doesn't seem to be getting much headway and these are his words. Hopefully I will see his lease and then I will be able to make a better judgment. I will keep you posted and thanks for the positive comment. These are the only guys left in here right now, so they have the only show in town so to speak and they know it and seem to be using it.