Farmland Tracts

I wanted to thank who responded to my last post. I had the wrong well name but have found it now. I have a new question. I was told by a landman and have found what mineral rights and royalties i have but was also told i have 6 farmland tracts. It was explained to me that those are when they excavate underground. Can anyone tell me if this is true and how i would research that. Thanks to all in advance.

Do you have surface rights in addition to mineral rights tracts? Does the farmland sit directly on top of your minerals or are they severed and sit elsewhere? Ask him to explain further. The context would be important. If you have surface rights, then you own the gravel or caliche.

Thank you for responding. Not sure what exactly that means. I wanted to ask if you knew anyone that can help with this in the state of texas. Im pretty sure some of it would have to have someone who can help with pennsylvania also. The exemplified copy of the estate i was told was filed in pennsylvania at an earlier date than was in texas and have worked with a landman thats not given proper info that was paid for. Helped get paid but no paperwork has been given. In some cases have gotten the paperwork ourselves though our own work. Any information would be appreciated.

Try to get the paperwork that was filed. The term “Farmland” tracts is not familiar, so context is needed.

The landman i had hired called it farmland tracts. In our original deed we show to have several farm tracts and ive called county clerks and looked online they show no names of family under these tract descriptions. How would i find what happened to them. We have interest in farm tracts in live oak county and refugio county texas. We do also have mineral interests in other counties and have been unsuccessful in trying to find out why theyre not showing when we search. Thanks for all your help/replies.

When there are sales, they are supposed to be recorded in the counties where the acreage lies. Have you tried looking on Texasfile.com? Some counties do not have digital records back as far as we would want. You may have to hire a different landman. Ask if he/she is a CPL Certified Professional Landman. They have the highest level of training and ethical standards requirements.

It is possible that you have deeds that were never filed and that is why the landman cannot find them. Do you copies have a book and page number? In that case you would require the help of an attorney to see what your options are.

Generally in Texas, taxes are paid on surface every year and on minerals only when they being producing. So if you own non-producing minerals only, then no family name will appear in the tax records. Martha is giving you good advice that you need to search the deed records to trace the ownership, either forward from the original owner or backwards from the most recent deeds. County clerks do not do that kind of research. You will need either hire a landman or do this yourself. If the county deed records are not online all the way back, someone will need to go to the courthouse to search the records.

Thanks for replying sorry took awhile to respond. I’ve had a landman for sometime now and he made it clear to me that the way things were handled it was fraud among other things to say the least. He had a family that went through the same exact thing we’re going through now and told me it’s all in the paperwork and he’d get it all done and presented to the Attorney of course for a fee.We worked out everything basically 5 percent from this lawsuit 3 percent on all back pay etc. Just a short run down we’ve been paid for some things that’s been owed the problem as i can see from this i called the Person placed over the estate without knowledge of the executor of the will and it’s been told now no will and i made reference to hiring Attorney he laughed and replied he’d get continuance after continuance until we ran out of money. The Mineral rights royalties mainly are in Texas but the person over it all passed away in Pennsylvania and he the state doesn’t check outside of Pennsylvania. I’m not saying landmans name and the reason why we didn’t know everything was due to health issues couldn’t travel and was told everything was sold. Thank You for reading and we’re at a point 40 percent of all back pay and any and all tracts we can recover will work out deal on that as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.