Faifield Township

We live on one acre in Fairfield Township and have been approached by Chesapeake several times to sign a lease and we have not yet done. I would like to be able to join a pool of other small land owners in order to get the best protection I can. Our home is all we have as far as assets and I am very afraid of losing the eqjuity in my home once the drilling starts. What if my water gets contaminated? Who would buy a house with no drinking water on site?

Is there anyone else out there in my position?

I live in fairfield township and have almost 5 acres. We have already signed and received our upfront payment. Our lease states that if water wells are damaged they are responsible to do whatever it takes to fix the situation. Im not sure how that stands up or what they actually do to help you if there is a problem.

We are kind of stuck because Atty Wenger cannot get me into a pool, the Assoc. Land Owners of the Valley cannot help because they only can help Carroll county folks and almost everyone on my road signed already. I have contacted everyone I can think of. I want an attorney to look at my lease I was offered (which the 2nd one, the price went down) and tell me if I am protected enough. Obviously the money is not an issue for us because it will be a very very small amount. I am concerned about my propery value. It feels like we have no rights as tax paying citizens to choose the best lease language for us. I'm hoping thru discussion here someone like me has some advice!

Dan Davis said:

I live in fairfield township and have almost 5 acres. We have already signed and received our upfront payment. Our lease states that if water wells are damaged they are responsible to do whatever it takes to fix the situation. Im not sure how that stands up or what they actually do to help you if there is a problem.