Extraction Oil & Gas Bankruptcy

Hopefully somebody can direct me the right way. Extraction has filed bankruptcy and I have recieved a bunch of papers in the mail over the last few weeks and recently just got a bunch that needs to be filled out ( i am assuming?) and filed. I really dont understand any of it and not sure what to do. First Extraction has NEVER sent me a payment during the past 2 yrs of my lease. If i enquired i was always told they would get back to me, i finally just gave up. (correction: aside from the signing bonus when i signed the lease).There are approx 4+ wells that i know of that my royalties come from (obviously shared with others). I know some people have gotten some checks.How/what do i do this? I dont want to toss a bunch of money away at an attorney for nothing either. Curious where the money has gone, if it will ever show up and what do i do regarding all these papers they sent me? Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance ( Im in LaSalle,CO/Weld County)

Sounds that bankruptcy is to good for the officers of Extraction. Theft of royalty is a felony.

Even in bankruptcy they still have to pay royalty owners. I would be PERSISTENT with them and contact them weekly to find out why you haven’t received division orders if there is production on your minerals. Go to : Owner Relations – Extraction Oil & Gas. Do you have a copy of your oil and gas lease? That would help if you attach that to your email. Be polite, I am a firm believer that honey is better than vinegar to get results.

Hello Linda, I am in the same boat that you are. I did find some information online that discusses what we need to do as mineral rights owners. It is very lengthy, and comes from Texas, but appears to have solid information that I think would be useful.

[https://stpra.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/When-Your-O_G-Purchaser-Goes-Broke.pdf]

Hopefully I got that link pasted in there correctly.
Jennifer