Extent of the Eagles Ford Shale in Lavaca County

We are trying to find out where our property lies in relationship to the formation.. We are ending our 2yr. extension with Geo in February 2013. New seismic is being done to the North of our place. Our seismic was completed just before the extension was taken.. All the maps I have seen are very vague with no relationship to cty roads. Help ! Thanks, Kit

where is your property located?

Kathryn, I printed a copy of the Formation and copied a same size image from google earth.. placed one over the other .. you can see the roads and county lines and the formation over it... I placed it over the window to get light through or a light box will do it..

How clever! Yvonne , you are a genius.. I will try to do the same.. Thank You !

Dillon said:

where is your property located?

We are about 1 mile east of the former Rosies restaurant.. On the end of cty rd 151.. The is a pool running North and West of the road. Neighbors have said that is the boundry of the Eagles Ford formation and that we are over the Wilcox. We can see a well from our place that is supposed to be on the Wilcox also. Yvonne gave me info on how to related the E F to the county roads that I will try..

Kathryn P. Cheshul said:

Which site did you get your print of the formation from. They seem to be so generalizes.. Thanks, Kit