Exploration activity around Glendive

About 18 months ago I read that landmen were crowding the halls of Dawson County Court House looking for property to lease, and that Glendive was about a year away from a boom. Has anyone had any recent news of that kind from Glendive? Does it look like the boom is coming? When might that happen?

About right...we signed a deal last November for our property around Glendive...no activity as yet to report.

Thanks, Jim. What terms did you agree to in the lease, if you're at liberty to say?

I would like to know the same? I have a lease and NO PRODUCTION IN Glendive!

Not at liberty to say but a competitor of our lessee told us that if they leased there, they will drill there...could take up to 2-3 years...most of the play is still in ND & up in Richland Cty to date. Hope that helps.

My family signed a lease for oil property in Dawson County about a year ago. How does one know when any drilling activity might start on a property that has been leased? We have heard nothing since we signed the lease. Is that normal?

Jim Sheridan said:

About right...we signed a deal last November for our property around Glendive...no activity as yet to report.

See attached report for some recent completed oil wells in Dawson County. I am not sure if I got them all.
2696-DawsonCountyWells.pdf (67.7 KB)

OK, JOe...what are you saying? Cant see anything...

Jim

There is a pdf attachment that shows the recent well activity in Dawson County. Please my post on 4/1

Joe

Just wondering if there is anymore info about drilling in Glendive? I live in Texas so it’s hard to know when there’s activity! Any input would be greatly appreciated.