Expired Oil Lease 15-09N-04W

I inherited several mineral interests in McClain County a couple of years ago so I’m new to all of this, but the lease on one of the interests has expired after the company originally exercised the 2 year extension.

If I want to get it leased again, how do I find out who is currently leasing in my section, township, etc.

You can look in the county records and pull up the most recent oil and gas leases in the area. You can also go to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission to pull up recent pooling orders - this will also give you an idea of what operators are in the area and have plans to drill.

Hope this helps!

Adam- we will find you if your contact information is of record in the county clerk’s office, when the time arrives. The oil patch is still reeling from low prices & no demand. So hang tight. Hopefully your minerals are in a good geological area because the days of crazy prices & speculation are gone for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Unlike residential property, there is little you can do to attract a lessee. Interested parties will find you. When things heat back up and you begin to receive offers, it may be a good time to do the research that Amy proposed. Todd’s advice is spot-on. Make sure that your information is up-to-date with the county records. A one page notice/affidavit with the legal description is advisable if your name or address changes.

EOG Resources and Roan Resources leased heavily in that area during 2018 and 2019. Roan (acquired by Citizen Energy Operating) has continuing cases at the OCC for section 15. Hearings are supposed to be Dec 14, 2020, but they have been delayed many times already this year due to Covid and the drop in oil prices. A horizontal well with 15 & 22 is planned. Another has been mentioned for sections 10& 15. That hearing is also Dec. 14, 2020.

If you are new to all of this, as stated above, you need to get your name and address to the county clerk. You also need to contact Citizen Energy Operating LLC 320 S. Boston Ave, Suite 900, Tulsa OK 74103 to get on the mailing list for the OCC cases that pertain to that section. If your lease is expired, they will eventually have a pooling. Put the section, township and range in your letter.

Here are some useful websites that you need to get familiar with: "Pending OCC cases at the following link: http://www.occeweb.com/caseprocessingonline/default.aspx

Actual cases if you have the case numbers: OAP

Docket proceedings: Oklahoma Corporation Commission Office of Adminstrative Proceedings

Well activity: Test

Production: Gross Production "