Exhibit A for Division order is confusing me

My brothers and I inherited an oil lease from my mother in Beckham County, OK with Latigo Petroleum. We sent in a request for division orders and got them back, signed them and returned the necessary documents along with the DOs. Latigo is even paying us a bit.

I recently (today!) took a close look at the Exhibit A that came with the DO. Exhibit A lists 3 wells, Tipton 2-29, Tipton 5-29, and Tipton 6-29. Ok, fine. We are getting paid for 5-29.

Here is where it gets weird. 5-29 and 2-29 are shown by OCC as owned by Latigo. 6-29 is shown by OCC as owned by Richland Resources. So WHY is Latigo showing 6-29 on their Exhibit A of the DO? Does this make any sense?

By the way, neither 2-29 nor 6-29 seem to be producing anything.

Many times the OCC is not up to date on operators. But, there can a split stream of natural gas and those non-operators that take in kind, issue payments to the royalty owners based on their share of the production.

1 Like

If you are in 29-11N-25W, you may have additional wells. Use the OCC wellrecords site to get the timelines and wells. Form 1000 is the permit. 1002A is the completion and 1073 is the operator change. 1003 is plug & abandon. The well records site is by surface location, so you may have horizontal wells that have a pad in 29, but no perforations since it goes into other sections. You can tell by the well name. For example, there is a Johnson 20-11-25 7H well and a Johnson 29-11-25 set of horizontal wells. (Also some Tipton horizontals.) You probably will not get paid on 20 but you might on 29.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This has been extremely helpful.

Are you saying that there are documents in the list that may show that the wells were actually transferred to Latigo, but have not been put into the system?

Open the 1073 files and you will see who the new operator is. They may or may not belong to the same one.

Thank you for your reply. I have now looked at the 1073 documents.

I am not sure OCC is up to date.

It can be at least four months behind…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.