Evidence of actual drilling?

With the pandemic and the lower oil prices, everything seems to have stopped. I have a little mineral acreage at Love Co. 8S/2E S 1, 12, 13, 24 : 7S/2E S 1,12,36 and received enough paperwork re: Div. Orders, Apps to Drill, OSC, Est. Units, Increase well density Etc. in 2019 and 2020, that several large trees were apparently sacrificed. Any evidence that drilling is actually taking place in that area? This was all XTO/Trailhead Exp. Signed “clueless in Oregon” Thank you in advance for any information.

You can watch for activity on several sites. If you received a division order, that is proof that you have had a well that is drilled and they are verifying in order to pay you.

"Pending OCC cases at the following link: http://www.occeweb.com/caseprocessingonline/default.aspx

Actual cases if you have the case numbers: http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

Docket proceedings: http://www.occeweb.com/ap/docket_results.html

Well activity: http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Production: Gross Production

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply. This has been an ongoing saga since early 2019, with hearings. Looking back at the papers I’ve received, I misspoke re: Division Order. It is the one thing not received. Sounds like that document is the one I need to keep an eye out to receive. Many hearings to establish ‘Multi-unit horz. well’ or ‘640 ac horz. spacing units’ or Notices to Continue or Dismiss. As far as I can tell from the exhibits pages, there are/were 3 multi-unit horizontal wells being proposed; Alma 1-12H13X24 Sec. 12, 13, 24 8S 2E MASC 1-36H1X12 Sec 36 7S 2E, Sec 1, 12 8S 2E Stillwater 1-12H1X36 Sec 36 7S 2E, Sec 1, 12 8S 2E

One of the more recent OSCs was continued for the Alma-1 until June of 2021. So this is all very much still in a state of flux apparently. Will visit the suggested sites and try to plug in the information and see what happens. As you mentioned, I do have documents which show both ‘Cause CD No.’ and ‘Order No.’ Thanks, again.

Yes, COVID through a loop into activity during 2020. Almost all activity froze for a few months during the summer while there office closures and crews put on standby. Then OK & TX literally froze during Feb this year, so some wells are just now getting drilled and hydraulically fractured or turned back online. The surveys for the horizontal wells have to be done and reported to the OCC. Then the splits can be determined for the multi-unit wells in order to send out the Division orders. Many companies are trying to catch up on massive paperwork.

Alma has a permit so a bit of progress on that one.

Wow. OK. Just checked the ‘well activity’ site, too. Yes, the ALMA 1 is listed. Do not understand it all but this is ‘just’ the permit to drill, which has been granted, but the well has not spudded in yet, correct? And the other 2 wells do not have permits at this time? Looking at the information, both proposed wells are in the exact same area S36 07S02E and Sec 1 and 12 08S02E. Are these 2 separate wells or perhaps they changed the location of the proposed well and therefore the name?? Anyway, again, MBarnes, thank you so much. It is great having a resource for this type of information, especially when you’re 2000 miles away.

The names of the wells give you information as do the permits and the case orders. Alma 1-12H13X24 has a surface location in 12-8S-2E. The well will go south into 13 and then maybe into section 24 (See how all three sections are in the name of the well). An additional map can be found in the exhibits for Cause 202000094. . If you scroll down on the permit, you can see the map of the location of the planned well. When it is spud, they will post a form 1001A which will tell the date drilling began. 1002A will be the completion report. XTO is the operator.

For MASC 1-36H1X12 and Stillwater 1-12H1X36, I get a hint of a different plan and two different wells. MASC may have a surface location in 36 and drill south into section 1 and then in 12. Stillwater may have a surface location in 12 and drill north into 36. (Usually, but not always, the surface location is listed first.) XTO had wells planned in 2020. A map for MASC can be found in case 201904369 as you scroll through the exhibits. Horizontal spacing was approved, but the location exception looks like it was dismissed. Case 201904371. XTO pooled the Woodford and the Stillwater well is on a map for it in case 201904370.

Trailhead also had a well planned and dismissed it. Trailhead has another case still pending with a hearing in late July, so time will tell on that one. 201905337

So much information!! Thank you!! You should do a ZOOM class for ‘newbies’ that covers this from start to finish; first contact to lease through production. I was going to ask about the numbers in the well names but it occurred to me that it was the Sec.#s. Good to know that the operators post those forms, 1001A and 1002A. Will keep checking that site for permits for the other 2 and form 1001A for the ALMA-1. I don’t see on the documents they send where they are setting the surface location so good to know the first number is a possible clue. There is a section showing ‘commencement of completion interval’ and ‘end of completion interval’. I’m supposing those are the ‘production zones’ that are fractured? And ‘yes’, now that I understand this better, it does look like MASC and Stillwater are 2 separate wells originating in different Secs., passing in opposite directions through Sec. 1. Thank you, again, for your generosity with your time and valuable information. If you do run a class, let me know and sign me up!!

I have taught the Certified Minerals Manager class for NARO, which explains the mineral business from soup to nuts. The class Minerals Manager 101 short course will be taught by NARO folks at the CO meeting at the end of July all virtual, so you can check that out. The full class will be taught at the NARO national meeting in OKC in October. Go over to the NARO Topic to get the notices for the meetings or to the main NARO website.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.